Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Practice Improves even an old guys pistol prowess

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jjbklb

This guy (in his 60’s)is shooting at targets with a revolver, and he has to fire each shot with
    his index finger.
    It really seems like he is firing an automatic weapon, but its not the case.

If you’ve seen the new Rambo movie, this guy makes Rambo look bad!
    (I’m talking about the scene in the movie where Rambo protects the missionaries
    and shoots several bad guys with his revolver in the other boat. Its impressive to
    say the least.
    I thought, now thats just Hollywood, no one could shoot that many people that fast, and
    accurately. Not so. This video shows otherwise (in my opinion)

(
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=rmxv8TKVM8c

mike-g

Re: Practice Improves even an old guys pistol prowess

That is Jerry Miculek. He has won numerous International, National, Regional, and State Pistol Shooting competitions with a Revolver. He is sponsored by Smith and Wesson. He is a pretty good Autoloader and Rifle shooter as well.

unstpabl1

That was pretty amazing

bradm

I doubt anyone will believe me, because it looks like I’m trying to “UP” one on somebody. But, just about 30 minutes ago one of my wife’s friends stopped by to introduce her son visiting from Tennesee. His name is Brad Monroe (at least I thing his last name is Monroe). We were talking about self defense stuff and what ever and he mentioned he has been competing in fast shooting events for 15 years or so. He has competed in Mississippi and claims to have fired 600s round in one minute, hitting targets. I can not even imagine that. He has a special weapon with very large magazines. I know very little about guns, so I don’t remember what type gun he said he uses. Anyway, is that possible?

unstpabl1

Don’t know for sure Brad, but doesn’t sound right. An AK 47’s rate of fire full auto is 600 rds per minute, but that doesn’t include reloads. There is a vid on youtube of a guy with an AK going full tilt like 300 rds till the grip caught on fire

giant-killer

quote unstpabl1:

There is a vid on youtube of a guy with an AK going full tilt like 300 rds till the grip caught on fire

rofl2

I just had to look it up since unstpabl1 mentioned it. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c

unstpabl1

quote HazardousSmoker:

I just had to look it up since unstpabl1 mentioned it. :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c

Thanks didn’t have time to post it at that point. Its one of those idiot videosthumbsup.

jjbklb

I wonder if he takes as good of care with his other guns as he did the AK?

bradm

quote unstpabl1:

Don’t know for sure Brad, but doesn’t sound right. An AK 47’s rate of fire full auto is 600 rds per minute, but that doesn’t include reloads. There is a vid on youtube of a guy with an AK going full tilt like 300 rds till the grip caught on fire

I understand what you’re saying. I emailed that link to him and he immeadiately called me on the phone. He has competed againnst the guy in the video, Jerry Miculek and has beat him. He said he cannot beat him in revolver competition – doesn’t think many can, if anyone. But, using ohter guns (I don’t know what kind), he was able to beat him. He said what ever the weapon being used you can bet it is highly tuned – you’ll never find anything like them off the shelf. LIke I said, I don’t know any thing about guns or shooting (except M-16), but he is adament about his record of 600 rounds. So from my stand point, I have no reason to not believe him.

giant-killer

Wow, looked like the barrel was on fire the whole time. Is that normal?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: