Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    reaper1

I’m going to start Krav in a month or so when i get all my work out the way just wondering what i could do to prepare for starting Krav? and I’ve heard of something called the Bas CDs or something whats that? sorry for the stupid question.
    Thanks

mara-jade

Re: Prep for beginner

Welcome to the forum!

Bring your fighting spirit, a towel and liquid. You’ll find how your endurance is when you start class. DON’T be surprised if it’s not where you think it is. You’ll be tired, sweaty and probably bruised but it’s worth it.

The BAS CDs are from Bas Rutten – excellent conditioning. Here’s one from the site – just did a google search

http://www.basrutten.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=WCDVD&Category_Code=DV

There’s also the Complete Krav Maga Book and Krav Beginner Book
    http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Step-Step-Easiest-Learn/dp/1569756619/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240712612&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Techniques/dp/1569755736/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

If you’ve got more questions, please post and best wishes on your training:wav:

udjat

The best thing you can do is walk through the door.

When you are beginning its hard to go, in a month or so. Just walk through the door.

After awhile you will feel is been a long day at school/work, maybe I wont go today.. Just walk through the door.

You will be glad you did.

Oh and Water, Towel, Aspirin and Banana… you will need those too =)

-Eric

brandon7s

My advice, don’t eat too much an hour or so before you leave for class 😉 – I usually just have a bowl of oatmeal, tides me over very well for an hour and a half. When I started Krav, I started out of the blue. No previous martial arts/self-defense experience, hadn’t done anything sport-like in several years, was out of shape (weak, underweight, poor endurance). I went to my first class and barely got through the warm-ups, but stuck through it. I’m sure my fellow students all thought that they would not be seeing me again :D, but I stuck around. After about a month, 2 sessions a week, I could get through the classes withoutstopping for extra breath and without being so sore I just didn’t want to get up the next day.

If you want to get prepared though, I suggest doing some running, and then doing plenty of push-ups, burpees, body squats, mountain climbers, pull-ups, crunches, and every other body-weight exercise you can think of. 😀

skelegirl

When I started almost a month and a half ago, I was the least likely “stay with it candidate” because well, I’m overweight (but have dropped fifteen pounds-only have fifteen more to go), have no sense of coordination or balance, am actively working on my PhD (which takes way too much time). My then fiance-now dh (we got married on the 14th of April) encouraged me to take this up because he wanted me to have some self defense tactics under my belt. DH is in the military and several of his minions do KM as well.

So I went. And pretty much felt like the fat kid in little league. I have kept up with it though and now I can’t imagine doing anything else on my Saturday afternoons. I can’t wait until finals are done so I can go more often.

All I have to say is that KM has spurred me on to do more than just KM. I’m now at the University’s Gym almost every day (3 days on-1 day off) and in less than a month I was able to get from hardly breathing through the warm up to coming home battered, beaten and bruised and LOVING every minute of it

kirsten

quote Skelegirl:

When I started almost a month and a half ago, I was the least likely “stay with it candidate” because well, I’m overweight (but have dropped fifteen pounds-only have fifteen more to go

Awesome Job. Keep up all your hard work!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: