Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Pretty Brutal Video…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    sean-akrav

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_303115215.html

I don’t really have anything to say about that other than wow…

Comments?[/url]

maskedkat

Holy crap. Thank god that so many viciously brutal people also are idiotic enough to video the prosecution’s best evidence.

This is really nauseating.

prekarious1

definately gives ya something to think about.

Was he too scared to fight back? I think I would of been in fear of life with that going on. Or did he think that if he just took it they would stop beating him?

Either way, I would of gotten myself beat worse for fighting back there.

sean-akrav

I don’t know why he just took that. I would have thought jumping out that window would have hurt less than getting that beating.

kmcat

Re:

quote \”Sean_AKrav\:

I don’t know why he just took that. I would have thought jumping out that window would have hurt less than getting that beating.

There was mention of drugs involved in the incident. He may have been intoxicated/impared and was not all there to begin with.

clegane

Some thing was definitely odd about this video. It’s almost like it was planned, they were in a house that looked as if they were all friends. I’m sure they brought that guy over, got him messed up with booze or drugs and then they gang beat him.
    Same thing happened to a kid I graduated highschool with.

Just a question from a beginner, what would you do in this situation? Is there situational training for something like this?

I honestly think that jumping through that window wouldn’t have been a bad idea.

bradm

Pretty violent video. I don’t think he would have stood much of a chance even if he did fight back with that many attackers. One thought came to mind that it could have possibly been a gang initiation – \”beat down\” as they often call it. But, I’m not sure if even a \”beat down\” would be that violent.

dukiejf

OK, I’m gonna stop lurking.

I recently moved (extremely far) away from my Krav school and can’t take classes anymore, so I’m left to train on my own, and I find myself gravitating more and more toward analyzing these situations. I think a little Nike defense might have been in order there, even with the glass involved. It’s sad when throwing yourself out a window is the best option.

A few of the things I can see dealing with in isolation, but even that rear choke was at an odd angle. I haven’t even seen a rear choke defense like that (just standard L1 choke defense from the rear), but my instinct tell me \”oh shit\”. Nothing to stomp on, no chance to tuck your chin, you might be able to rip/pluck the arm and weasel out or land a head butt or a bite or something, but in that situation? Yeesh.

kravmdjeff

The way those guys took turns beating on him…they weren’t looking for a fight. They were looking for prey. I think the victim in this case would be surprised by how effective fighting back would be.

sean-akrav

Re:

quote \”BradM\:

Pretty violent video. I don’t think he would have stood much of a chance even if he did fight back with that many attackers. One thought came to mind that it could have possibly been a gang initiation – \”beat down\” as they often call it. But, I’m not sure if even a \”beat down\” would be that violent.

Mostly \”jumping in\” is associated with MS-13s, but I’m sure some other gangs do the same thing. It seems like a beat down wouldn’t have lasted that long though?

I got this from a different forum and someone said it was their friend that got beat. But its the internet so you never know who is telling the truth.

But this is one reason why I don’t touch alcohol when I’m around people I don’t know or can’t trust. If he was drunk or high or what ever he stood even less of a chance.

I agree with Jeff he shouldn’t have just balled up and took a beating.

jburtonpdx

\”I agree with Jeff he shouldn’t have just balled up and took a beating.\”

True, yet many people respond to attacks by freezing. Personally I think its confusion that is taught to us at an early age. We are taught when we are confronted in elementary school that we are not allowed to fight back, at least that is what I was taught…

This is why we train now, so if we are faced with this situation (I hope none of us ever are…) we have something to fall back on… This is why when we train in those drills, we respond immediately and eliminate the threat completely and are ready for the bad guys buddy to come running in.

clfmak
    quote :

I’ve seen some of these- generally they don’t involve a bunch of people attacking someone cowering in a ball- the person is expected to fight back. I’ve also seen where rather than beating one person as a gang, they will make new people fight each other. That video was more violent than the gang initiations I’ve seen. Strangely enough, at the gatherings lots of people have weapons (those small novelty bats and sock slapjacks are popular around here) but nobody uses them in the fighting- strictly fistfights.

scrapper

I was not able to log on, does anybody know where else I can get the video? youtube etc.?

Thanks

unstpabl1

ER Sean being jumpedin is Not just an ms13 thing,its very common
    mike

kravjeff

Fuc%!ng savages …

Could have been that the guy was injured/so dazed he was unable to mount any kind of defense …

How ’bout the girl jumping in at the end?

Savages …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: