Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michaelmall

Me and another guy were messing around and he did a
    a push on me similar to a football player does and to
    make it worse it was in a comfined space.This got me
    thinking, I have no defense for this.Anybody got any
    ideas

bkl041018

Re: push

higher push to your shoulders or lower push/grab to your abdomen?

kmky

quote michaelmall:

Me and another guy were messing around and he did a
    a push on me similar to a football player does and to
    make it worse it was in a comfined space.This got me
    thinking, I have no defense for this.Anybody got any
    ideas

if i’m picturing this correctly – his hands would be on your chest (ie under the shoulder pads) leaving his head exposed. i think a 1 handed pluck or choke defense against the wall would work. i’ve found that a nice eye gouge makes people stop pushing also.

nixxon

Eye gouge like KMKY said, pressure points (both thumbs up under the jawbone near the ears), boxing the ears, hammer fist/knife hand to neck, trachea squeeze. If you’re able to stop them from pushing you forward or you get put up against a wall, palm heel or strikes to the face/throat, knee to the groin.

Since thier hands are on your chest you also have a variety of wrist, finger, arm locks to perform. Simply grabbing one of his fingers splayed on your chest and bending is back does wonders.

Also if you’re up against a wall and not in danger from strikes I would perform something similar to the defense against a choke to the wall, I would just twist my hips and blade my body out, cavalier thier hands and throw them into the wall.

Scratching thier face also does wonders, people really shy away from having hands in thier face.

blackbelt

shoot both your hands thru middle of his to a muay thai clinch as you step back and and then pull head down as you knee strike his face

michaelmall

bkl It was a high push,there for rendering punching out of the question.
    We were messing around and it got me thinking about if it wasn’t playing around what would I do.It really had me off balance for punches.

the-hammer

If he pushes you several times, you could time the next incoming push and then just blade your body and direct his arms to the side, so he’ll miss your chest and loses his balance. Then you can counter with strikes, knees etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: