Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ds314

I went to a team-building function at work yesterday. We went bowling. On the first frame I went down like doing a lunge and felt an instant burning pain in my right quad. I assume it is a quad strain/tear but don’t know for sure. I’ve been icing the quad off and on 20 minutes at a time starting last night. This morning pain wise my quad feels better. I only have a slight limp but my quad feels really tight. I do not want to reaggravate this and make it worse. I plan on resting and icing it but how do I know when I’m ready for physical action again. This morning I tried brining my heel of my foot to my butt but starting feeling paid in my quad when my lower leg it 90 degrees. Also I do not want to get out of cardio shape while recovering. What can I do cardio wise so I do not loose everything I’ve gain.

Dave

kravjeff

Re: Quad Injury

Interesting — I just had this happen to me a couple of nights ago while doing BAS at home – A couple of simple “lunches” (Lunges) and squats – and my quad on the right just tightened up. I think that in my case I didn’t warm up enough, plus probably used poor technique as I was “lunging” in the middle of throuwing combos on the bag …

So far, all I’ve done for it is limp and complain … It’s pretty sore, but I plan on working out again later, though not doing any leg work (other than kicking) … I’m going to try fighting through it because in my case it just feels sore as opposed to a true injury. If you really think you’re injured, remember “R.I.C.E.” Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. If not, and it just hurts – Fight on!!!

Good luck!
    KJ

jesse

Hrm, I had a bit of a pull in a quad myself a month or so ago. What ended up helping me a ton was http://www.robertsontrainingsystems.com/Self-Myofascial%20Release,%20Purpose,%20Methods%20and%20Techniques.pdf

Basically it’s a way for you to do deep massage on yourself along with a good bit of the reasoning behind it. The book is posted on the author’s website so it’s legal all the way. I’ve found it to feel VERY good.

On a side note, the first thing I thought of when I first read this is WHAT ON EARTH are you doing messing with something dangerous like bowling…get back in Krav class.

Good luck to ya.
    Jesse

relli-kant

I second the one about the massage. Whenever I have muscle pain, I massage the area that hurts, then put ice on it right afterwards. Do this once or twice a day, until the pain is gone. I find it heals much faster that way.

drlvegas
    ds314

Thank you all for the info. I can jog lightly now. I tried to do some lunges and the pain got worse from the 1st to 2nd to the 3rd so I quit. That was two days ago. Will try again tonight.
    Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: