Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Question about Drying Compression Garments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jesse

Stupid question I know. The compression shorts that I use and the shirts that I have seen all say not to tumble dry them. We live in a small apartment and sometimes time’s a little short to get stuff dry before class. Are they really at much risk for shrinkage? Does anyone here normally just throw them in the dryer? :confused: I at least know to wash them in COLD water. I’ve got one shirt, one pair of shorts, and a pair of wind pants I use for every class so I often get rushed between the Tues/Thurs morning classes and the evening ones. Weird stupid question, but surely someone else wants to know too. thumbsup

parishd

Re: Question about Drying Compression Garments

It really depends on the material, but I always line dry mine. Sometimes when I’m pressed for time I’ll roll them tightly and compress them in a towel a couple of times. Doesn’t necessarily “dry” them, but they’re dry enough at that point to wear; much drier than they are 15 mins into class anyway.

Jon, I’ve been drying them for years… they don’t shrink, but they get a little natty after a few times drying…

thecrownsown

Hang to dry for sure. I wash right after class, then hang to dry in the ol’ laundry room. Get a dehumidifier and they dry in like a few hours!

Nothin ever goes in the dryer, or I think your just askin for trouble.

roningai

Yes all hung to dry. the only thing i don’t like about wearing compression shorts are they slide…rofl2. otherwise there the greatest things to wear @ training, never going back to cotton anything when you sweat like we do.

jesse

Slide? When you’re wearing them? I guess I got mine a little tighter. I like it cause everything else slides over them. I can wear wind pants over them and it will never bunch up.

roningai

quote Jesse:

Slide? When you’re wearing them? I guess I got mine a little tighter. I like it cause everything else slides over them. I can wear wind pants over them and it will never bunch up.

i meant it’s easier to slide around in them when i’m doing situps and ground defense drills.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: