Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Question about hair grab from the front.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    markx3

I saw how the DVDís demonstrated hair grabs from the front which looks good. No questions there. However my school teaches that if someone grabs your hair from the front, with both your hands you press hard on the attackerís hand thatís grabbing your hair, so their knuckles are pushed into your skull. (This really hurts the attackerís knuckles that are holding your hair.) At the same time holding the attackers hand in place with both of youíre hands, you bend forward which causes tremendous pressure on the attackers wrist and start moving backwards. This drops the attacker to the ground quickly and puts them in a good position for front kicks to the attackers face.

So Iím wondering if the technique Iím describing is better or worse than the one showed on the DVDís? I personally think the one shown on DVD is better because when you burst in and attack the groin, you hit the attacker much quicker than bringing the attacker to the ground and then kicking. Also what if the attacker has really strong wrists and they donít go down?

Thanks in advance.

djinsd

What you seeing is two different techniques. When you are being pulled, or think you are going to be pulled, you burst in as you are describing on the video. If you are being held relatively statically, then you do the one you are talking about doing in your class. If the person grabs your hair and holds it at arms length, then bursting in would probably pull more hair out.

Hope this helps,

DJ

la-revancha

Hey DJ!

It’s Christian from DC. Are you gonna make it to Expert training? Regretfully, I can’t make it 👿 . Kick some a$$ for me!

markx3

Yep that makes sense.

Thanks.

djinsd

Markx3: No problem, glad to be of assistance.

Christian: Bummer, I was looking forward to working out with you again. I am planning on going but I’m nursing a stress fracture in my right foot but I think I can gut it out for 4 days. On the plus side, I get to spend my birthday in LA having people hit me. 😀

DJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: