Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Question about Krav courses

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    andrew1911

Are there any schools that do intensive 3/5/7 day courses where you’re going all out for like 8 or 10 hours a day with the idea being to get you to a minimal level of proficiency so you can defend yourself? What I’m thinking of, for those who are familiar, is like the type of course that Gunsite and Thunder Ranch offer for firearms training–they do these intensive 5 day courses for about $1500 and they’re known for being the absolute best firearms training you can get.

I’d like to do something like this for H2H/self-defense before I start traveling (backpacking around the U.S., Europe, South America, Asia, etc.), I don’t have a local Krav school and wouldn’t have the time to do it even if I did, but I can definitely take a week off to go to a training course. I might even be willing to travel to Israel if it’s necessary to get the best training possible.

Does anyone know anything about this? I can’t find anything via Google.

smokelaw1

Re: Question about Krav courses

I know I’ve seen that before, but I can’t seem to recall whose website it was on….it is one of the schools whose instructor/owner posts here….if I can find it, I’ll let you know.
    I think it is a great idea, and a fantastic idea before your travels!

I dont know about krav in particular. However the place I go to is the core modern training center in louisville ky does have several MMA fighters.

They have a regular Krav maga class there 3 times a week broken in to 3 skill groups. on top of that they have boxing kickboxing judo BJJ and a gym with core trainer. the man that owns it is an mma fighter himself. Here is a video of his last fight he is the one without a shirt.

http://mmafightdump.com/mixed-matial-arts-mma-fight-videos/97/haddad-verse-yanez.html

They have plans for people who want to be a compettative fighter ash they have many fighters that train there. However this training is in mma not Krav as krav is a self defence style that is designed to be learned quickly.

here is the websight
    http://www.corelouisville.com/

ryan

Andrew, we do this, on a very limited basis. Send me an email, and I’ll see if we can help.

All the best!

Ryan

[email protected]

jl

Andrew,

Go and train with Ryan!!! Good Luck on your adventure in Europe, be aware and stay safe!!

JL

ryan

Thanks, JL! Hope you are well.

jl

Ryan,
    You’re welcome my friend. Keep doing what you’re doing. I’m proud to call you friend! JL

andrew1911

Ok, cool, I’ll bookmark this and come back before I get ready to go (probably going to be a while).

It just seems to me that there would be an ENORMOUS amount of demand for this sort of stuff, it’s amazing that there aren’t more schools that do this sort of thing. There are so many different places that do exactly this type of training (intensive 3/5/7 day courses) centered around firearms (Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, Front Site, Valhalla, Blackwater, Sig Academy, plus probably 20 more I don’t know about), that I would think there would be even more places that do it for H2H/self-defense since there’s probably MORE demand for unarmed self-defense than there is for firearms training.

Just saying, this is a niche that a smart entrepreneur could fill and make a PILE of money off of…

psyops

Shhhhh,

Don’t tell anyone. But a Krav Maga event in Las Vegas this summer is already being planned and some of the events will include Basic to advanced Krav Maga taught by one of the world’s best instructors, Tactical shooting taught by world renowned instructors, P.R.I.S.M. training, force on force training and more. Did I mention that this event will be held in Las Vegas? We might find a pool party or 10 to attend. More to come folks!

mike-g

Would it be around the 4th of July?

psyops

The event is scheduled for June 4th, 5th and 6th!

paul

i looked on your website for more info on the event in june, will it be on there soon?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: