Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Question for John Whitman: Defense against terrorism?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    davidlove

Hi John or anyone who can answer this.
    It seems to be just a matter of time before we start seeing more suicide attacks on American soil. Is there anything in the Krav curriculum on defense against suicide bombers? Besides run, what could one do if faced with an attacker with a bomb strapped to his or her chest? Thank you.
    -David Love

giant-killer

If he’s right in front of you and you can’t run, I assume the best thing to try to do would be to grab his hands, so he can’t push the button that will activate the bomb. However, he may already have his finger on it. If all he needs to do is push that button and is ready to die, there’s probably little you can do. Maybe quietly and carefully move away, hoping he won’t detonate the bomb yet, of course in that case you’d be saving yourself and would not warn others, who may be closer to the bomber. However, if you do warn them, the attacker will likely detonate the bomb, knowing he has been discovered.

Tricky situation. If possible, I’d try to grab his hands, hopefully another person would assist me and hit, stab, shoot the guy (in the head of course!). If no one comes to my aid, knees to the groin, maybe head butt would be all I’d have, since he’d grab the detonator as soon as I let go of his hands. But at least others might be warned and would have a chance to move further away, resulting in fewer casualties. In fact, me and the bomber might be the only ones, not bad for a bomb attack, but still bad for me. 🙁

kmcat

I have heard that sometimes authorities have thought that suicide bombers have a \”fall back\” handler that will push the button by remote for the bomber providing insurance that the deed gets done.

However, unfortunately for the bomber, this would likely invalidate the ticket to paradise.

As to defense, laying down or getting behind something heavy may help some, depending of course on the magnitude of the blast.

sean-akrav

The point of a suicide bomber is that you don’t see it coming. Maybe if you see the guy walking towards you with a box shaped stomach and some wires sticking out you might be able to run or something.

I would use the part of Krav called awareness. See someone acting funny like that then runnnnnn.

*Hopefully* we won’t see anymore suicide bombings on our soil.

dkst

The best defense against a terrorist is a good offense. Call your favorite politican and tell them to unleash our arm forces in Iraq. While you’re talking with them tell them to secure our borders. When Tenent says, he is surprised that they haven’t released suicde bombers in our malls across America, you have to question why half of our country keeps puttting their heads in the sand.

Get a gun, keep training and have an exit plan.

jburtonpdx

Re:

quote \”dkst\:

Get a gun, keep training and have an exit plan.

It works for most of the Israelis…

giant-killer

So, if male suicide bombers get 72 virgins upon entering paradise, what do female suicide bombers get?
    72 prize fighters?

jjbklb

Where do you think they got the virgins from.Their bomb vest is like a Fedex shipping stamp to the virgin-supply depot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: