Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Question for John Whitman

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tank-sinatra

Hi John. Gotta question for you and I would appreciate your help. I train at the Los Angeles location on Olympic where you’re at. I used to do Krav back in ’97 and ’98 during which I earned my orange belt. Shortly thereafter I had to drop out for financial reasons and just resumed my training in October of ’05. Now that I am back up to speed, I would like to train in some level 2 classes but here’s the rub. Because I had such a long layoff, I was essentially purged from the records at the training center. As far as the computer that tracks my progress is concerned, I’m a white belt. Do I need to re-take my tests for yellow and orange belt? I still have my certificate for yellow belt and I have the physical orange belt itself as proof of having earned that credential. If it is alright for me to take level 2 classes, is there any way to update my profile in your computer system to let it know where my true level is? I appreciate your help.

anonymous

Level 2 is above yellow, so you would probably be alright as long as you remember the techniques. I’d just sneak into one, see how it goes (maybe work with another guy you know from Level 1). The physical orange may not do you much good, since theoretically you could buy those at a martial arts store. You didn’t get your orange certificate?

tank-sinatra

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Level 2 is above yellow, so you would probably be alright as long as you remember the techniques. I’d just sneak into one, see how it goes (maybe work with another guy you know from Level 1). The physical orange may not do you much good, since theoretically you could buy those at a martial arts store. You didn’t get your orange certificate?

Thanks for the input. Sadly I have somehow managed to misplace the orange belt certificate. I’m moving in a couple of months and I’m hoping that it will turn up during the process of packing up all my stuff.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world if I had to re-take my tests, it’s just that I worked so damn hard to pass them. I literally bled for my orange belt because my partner was so nervous and skittish during the exam that he continued to punch after the instructor called stop and practically broke my nose. I stuffed paper towel in my nostrils and kept going because it meant so much to me.

anonymous

Hope you will find your certificate. Are they sure its not in the computer anymore? Do you remember which instructor passed you on the test and if he is still here? Maybe he’ll remember it. Did you hang it up on a wall? Maybe there is a photograph that shows it.

I know some people opt not to take the belt tests and are still allowed to move on to Level 2 and beyond after having taken the required classes. So the certificate itself may not be necessary to go on to Level 2.

johnwhitman

Just give me a call (you can reach my office through the Center) or talk to Marcus and explain the situation.

We’re not so formal as all that — if you can move into the appropriate level class without slowing down the lesson for that class, come on ahead!

tank-sinatra

Re:

quote \”johnwhitman\:

Just give me a call (you can reach my office through the Center) or talk to Marcus and explain the situation.

We’re not so formal as all that — if you can move into the appropriate level class without slowing down the lesson for that class, come on ahead!

Thanks John.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: