Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Questions from a newbie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    virtuvirtu

Hi,
    So, I am thinking of taking a Krav class at the Sherman Oaks facility, but I had a couple questions:
    What is the difference between the “fight” classes and krav 1? Are the fight classes a good place to start? Is the “intro to fight” class worth while? How often is it, once a week, or twice? How much does it cost?
    I am a fairly big guy, and I am looking to get some self defense training (as I just had a new baby, and feel responsible for the families safety). I just want to go about it the right way. Any suggestions?

kirsten

Re: Questions from a newbie

Welcome! First of all I have nothing but awesome things to say about Sherman Oaks! You are lucky to be able to train there.

Next, start with just the Level 1 classes as they are the foundation of Krav Maga. The fight classes are more of a class dedicated to… well… sparring. The Level 1 class you will get all the chokes, defenses, kicks, etc. After a month or two, maybe three- then add the fight class. It really depends on your progression. But honestly, take it at some point- it is very valuable but get your feet wet with Level 1 classes.

Good luck with your training. I hope you get to start soon… The instructors they have there are top-notch!

virtuvirtu

How does the membership stuff work? I read somewhere that you pay $200 startup fee, and $100 per month after that. Does that enable you to take any class? How does the payment stuff work? I find it somewhat strange that I cant find prices anywhere. That seems scary to me. It reminds me of when I was a member at LA Fitness. I couldnt get a straight answer from anyone about how much it costs.

Can anyone clarify that for me?

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum!

Kirsten gave ya great advice. Give the folks over there a call and I’m sure you can probably get a tour of your place and have your questions answered. KM 1 is definitely the place to start. Sparring is a a requirement once you’ve passed KM Level 1.

Get your feet wet and try it out.. I betcha you’ll be hooked

Best wishes on your training:wav:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: