Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Questions from someone who is interested in taking Krav Maga?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone I am 16 and I’m new to this forum. I have done some research for a few weeks about Krav Maga. I really want to take it. My dad finally agreed to do it and I will start this year starting in the summer (after my junior year is over since colleges are looking at this year and sophomore year). I have a few questions. I hear they give you a free intro class or something like that? how does it work? we just walk in the krav place (im planning to go to the one in san francisco) and ask for an intro class? also are we supposed to prepared to train on the day we first sign up? i was thinking about bringing a friend since if we have a drill or excercise that requires a partner, i dont want to be a loner :Unsure: It would be great if some of you tell me what you did when you first sign up (every little detail please :): also, if I go about 4-5 times a week, how long will it take me to move to krav level 2? Thanks!

jjbklb

Re: Questions from someone who is interested in taking Krav Maga?

I’d call & introduce yourself to the instructor,who I’m sure would like to know who extra will be at class.There may be some basic info. you’d need (terminology used,ex.jab vs.cross) everyone else knows.

Also,if there are any physical limitations,ex.strained back,the instructor should be told beforehand.

If there’s a nice mat on the floor,you might want to know not to wear your street-shoes into class.

mikejdm

Yes just call the instructor and set up a time to meet them and discuss how they run their program. I’m sure they would be most willing to help you get started.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum and quit the worrying:D:

Like the other folks have said, call the center, let them know you’re interested in becoming a member and would like to take an intro class to get a feel for the place.

If you wanna bring a friend go for it but don’t worry about not having a partner. The instructor makes sure all can participate. Have had a few times one may end up doing a round robin (2 instead of 3 folks). It’s nothing for you to worry about:D:

As for next level, it depends on your abilities, how much you train and so on. Enjoy the journey and you’ll know when you’re ready to test. Yeah I know upper levels are the fun stuff but without a good foundation, the upper levels don’t mean squat. Take it from someone who’s been had to start, stop a quite a few times, took over a year for my level 3 test because life got in the way for myself and hubby.

Don’t feel bad if you’re not in ‘perfect shape’. I dont think anyone is when they started. That’s what KMs’ for – to get you in that awesome shape. Best of luck to you:wav:

how does the rotation thing work? you can just jump in anytime?

Depends on the trainer/group/situation – some you can show up & do a test lesson on the spot, some have intake/orientation nights, some have ‘waves’ of new students who rotate in at certain intervals.

When I 1st had a look at KM I ‘audited’ a session watching from the sidelines & it looked like the most crazy, psychotic thing I’d every seen. Not to mention the fact that about 1/3 of the group got injured in some way that night. 🙂

The 1st couple of months I consistently thought I might die and / or barf up a lung – until my fitness level got built up.

Have fun & enjoy! 🙂

mara-jade

quote cookieloverdude:

how does the rotation thing work? you can just jump in anytime?

You’re worrying about LITTLE stuff…just call them up and get in a class

inky

Went in for my first class with my best friend. he could not afford it at the time and didn’t sign up. I went all in for a year at the unlimited level and haven’t looked back as i get every penny’s worth out of it.
    That class was on 09/09/09 (awesome) i now have my 2nd level / orange belt and guess who is just green with envy?.
    Go for it and don’t look back you wont regret it… promise!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: