Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Rare video of Krav Maga masters in Israel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kevinmack

This is an awesome video some french KM students took when they visited Israel in 1993. Some great footage of them training with Krav Maga masters such as Imi Lichtenfeld,Rafi Algrisi and Eyal Yanilov. Real Israeli Krav Maga taught by the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRYJt36pGag

joseph-kor

Re: Rare video of Krav Maga masters in Israel

Kevin that’s some great footage! thanks for sharing!

one of the most amazing explainations i have found in this clip is about body movements.

At around the 50 minute mark Imi’s dicussing body movements and explains how it is really insignificant for a proffesional if the speed is at 100% or 10% because from the moment the attacker doing his first move he already can tell what the end result will be and react appropriately.

a better example shown by the bearded instrucor at the 1.37 minute mark with the stick example. he later says, the attacker cant deny himself from making the move he initially began on doing and so allow the defender to acknowledge what is about to happen in advance, which he later attack the attacker knowing the stick is coming from the right.

catapult

That was great, Kevin! I feel like I missed a lot by not being able to understand what they were saying but the movements speak for themselves. Can you put some names to the faces of the Israeli instructors? I recognized Imi of course but there’s a guy with a beard, a guy with thinning hair and a taller guy wearing a black belt. They were all very good.

rickprado

Great footage! My video card is shot and I couldn’t hear it, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

kevinmack

In the first scene I dont know who the bearded instructor is..I wish I did as he is very good. The person he is training with is Richard Douieb who pioneered KM in France. The video is of his trip with his students to Israel so he is in most scenes translating. The tall guy in white gi pants,white shirt and black belt is Eyal Yanilov. The instructor that looks to be wearing a sweatshirt,grey pants with thinnning hair is Raphy Algrisi(the recipient of the 2nd black belt ever given by Imi in KM).
    And of course there is Imi. The best part is to see how vibrant Imi is in his old age…this is in 1993 only 5 years before he passed away. So this kills all those stupid rumors that Darren took advantage of an old,feeble Imi in his old age to get high ranks. Imi seems well aware of whats going on around him and full of life.

catapult

Hmmm, could the bearded guy be a young Haim Gidon? His name is in the tags below the video. I love his footwork in the knife defenses.

catapult

Oops, it’s this version of the same video that lists Haim Gidon in the tags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mtiiokdrsI

kevinmack

Its not Haim Gidon.If I had to guess I might say it was Reuven Maimon. All the pics of him in the 80s showed him with a mustache but I know in the 90s he got heavily into religion which might explain the beard and kippah. But dont hold me to that.
    It is def not Haim Gidon though.

john-jolly
    Blocked

video of Krav Maga masters in Israel observe all actions and activities so they get supportive information and consensus create for future growth so we will remind all best perspectives for best outcomes.

john-jolly
    Blocked

Rare video of Krav Maga masters in Israel,There are no short cuts for success, There is no magic for best outcomes so any stage will determined all perfect direction and get a perfect goal for destination.

kevinmack

It has been confirmed that is Reuven Maimon. My instructor with Reuven a lot back in the early days and I see a lot of similarities in the way they move.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: