Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zen4me

Background (Readers Digest Version): Tested and passed for L2 at the beginning of March, got run over by an SUV while making a legal left turn in mid-march, no L2 until the dizziness has fully subsided and 6 months have gone by but can/have returned to L1.

KMDC is holding an L1 workshop and test in September, right when I’d be transitioning back to L2 and I plan to use at least the workshop as a springboard back – and just to test my fitness again.

My question: How often do upper level students drop back and retake lower level tests? In my limited experience, at least for L1, I’ve not seen any of the upper level students return to test themselves. Is it such an odd idea to want to do?

I thought about it and would have gone through with this regardless of whether I was in that accident, so it isn’t completely about returning to my pre-accident ‘best’.

– Kelly

saruotoko

Re: Re-taking L1 Test

Hi zen4me.

We have a few people out here who actually ‘like’ taking the level tests over and over again to test their endurance and knowledge. There are the occasional instructors who even retake the Instructor Phase training every few years to ensure they’re at the top of their game.

Sorry about your fight with the SUV. And no, it’s not an odd idea retaking the L1-L2 test. 🙂

Mario

johnl-d11

I’m a level 5 student and I retake every test that I can… I’ve taken the level 1 test 5/6 times now, and level 2 either 2/3 times. Can’t remember anymore. haha.

leejam99

I think for the most part, students do not go back to lower levels at all or enough to keep their techniques fresh. This is very evident when ever i administer a higher level test. When i have the students perform level 1 and 2 self defense techniques…. yikes!!

PLEASE GO BACK AND REVIEW LOWER LEVELS!! or at the least practice the self defense techniques.

zen4me

quote leejam99:

I think for the most part, students do not go back to lower levels at all or enough to keep their techniques fresh. This is very evident when ever i administer a higher level test. When i have the students perform level 1 and 2 self defense techniques…. yikes!!

PLEASE GO BACK AND REVIEW LOWER LEVELS!! or at the least practice the self defense techniques.

Lee, that seems to be the experience of our Head Instructor as well and something he stresses constantly. We’ve moved up, but that doesn’t mean we should quit going to lower level classes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

– Kelly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: