Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Record lows in Colorado

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    siayn

Was -8 in Colorado today with ice and snow on the ground…

So what did we do at my school? We went out back in the ally and trained. Our instructor showed us some modified footwork for fighting on ice, and some other cool stuff. Was a great class!

Kudos to creative teachers!

clfmak

With weather like that, I’d work on techniques where you take away the opponent’s jacket and let him freeze. 😀

anonymous

Did you train barefoot? 🙁 This makes me think of this article I read a while back about this fighting teacher, who would have his students train in extremely cold climates, barefoot on ice, standing for hours inside an icy pond and so on. I really hope your teacher wasn’t THAT creative. 😉

siayn

Nah, he warned us a week ago. Told us to dress warm and in normal street clothes. It was just a coincidence that it ended up being the coldest day we will have this year.

In addition to the footwork on ice, he showed us how to choke someone out from the front using their heavy coat. My favorite was when he was lined up on me he reached out and pulled the folded up flap of my ski hat down over my eyes.

anonymous

I think it’s a good idea to train outside sometimes and with some different types of clothes. Makes for realistic training. Pulling the hat over the attackers face could work well. Also if it’s a guy in a ski mask attacking you!!

jl

siayn,

your instructor show you the double lapel front choke? or the single lapel over under? just curious.

kravron

Try coming to Nebraska. Its colder here then in Alaska and canada the past few days.

siayn

KravRon – The cold front that was sitting on us a few days ago is over you right now. Hope you are enjoying!!!

The front choke he showed us did not come accompanied with a name. I dont want to attempt to describe the entire movement, but in the end my forearms am crossed-over making an X grabbing opposite sides of the coat collar, pulling the collar tight for the choke. When applied correctly it seemed to feel just as constricting as a rear naked choke.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: