Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Regarding KM books second printing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Hi folks,

I know John posted there was a second printing of the book coming out. Other than what’s been mentioned as corrections so far (wrist release pictures on pg 74/75 backwards hat I remember off the top of my head), will there be any other changes to the book?

I was just wondering whether to really wait on this printing or say screw it and just get another book now (have 1 at home, 1 for class).

All feedback appreciated 😀

giant-killer

I really don’t know, but I doubt there would be many new things in the book. Probably just a slight correction here and there. Maybe they’ll put the sprawl in. But if you really need another one right now, better get it. Then again, if you have one book already, maybe you can just take that one to class. It’s not all that heavy. Once it’s worn out, the second printing will be there waiting for you. 😀

johnwhitman

Buy the book now. The changes will be minor. We’re going to put \”sprawl\” into an advanced book that is coming out soon. I know it’s a bit out of order, but it’s the simplest way to fix the problem.

giant-killer

Advanced book? Do I hear ADVANCED BOOK? 😀 Cool, when will that come out? What will be in it? Anything really exotic, such as granade defense or sentry removal? Or maybe some stuff shown in realistic environments, such as stairwells, the garage, car, various kinds of obstacles (such as tables, fences) etc? Sitting down and lying down, with or without covers, things like that? I’d love to see some of that and no KM book has it so far.

kravjeff

Sentry removal 😯

😈 😈 😈 😈

I want that one too !!!! 😆

giant-killer

One of KM’s fun techniques. Remember, it’s a military system… 😉 😈

franz29

RE: the second printing.
    Will there be a page where we can download the corrected pages (in pdf format for example) that we can print and paste to our first print editions?

Looking forward to buying the Advanced book when it is released. I just started my Krav Maga journey, but it is always interesting to see what I am aiming for.

Regards

Stephen

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”johnwhitman\:

Buy the book now. The changes will be minor. We’re going to put \”sprawl\” into an advanced book that is coming out soon. I know it’s a bit out of order, but it’s the simplest way to fix the problem.

Advanced Book?? Wow – y’all don’t mess around 8) . Will there be any of the knife defenses that weren’t in the current book?

I got another copy before I even read your post 😀 .

Not trying to be a PITA but any ballpark figure on when you think the advanced one will be out?

Thanks for the info 🙂

johnwhitman

Toward the end of this year/beginning of next.

Yes, it will include advanced material on knife attacks and threats (as well as gun and stick!).

You’re never a PITA!

giant-killer

No. The PITA, that’s me. 🙂

Can’t wait for the advanced book. Will it have defenses from different angles, with obstacle etc? Third Party defenses? Two attackers with weapons? The rope? The wire? The stick against the wall? Wow, I’m getting all excited already…. 😀

mara-jade

Re:

quote \”johnwhitman\:

Toward the end of this year/beginning of next.

Yes, it will include advanced material on knife attacks and threats (as well as gun and stick!).

You’re never a PITA!

Thanks John 😀 . I just thought I sounded silly that I’ve barely gone through the book a few times to remember my 1-3 moves and I’m already drooling on ANOTHER KM book 😛 .

GK – Who said you’re a PITA 😉 .

Is it me but around 5:15EST it’s slow as molasses getting in here ❓

j-frank

Re:

quote \”Franz29\:

RE: the second printing.
    Will there be a page where we can download the corrected pages (in pdf format for example) that we can print and paste to our first print editions?

That’s a good idea –

calseeor

Heya all,
    I’m new to the forum and new to KM (still looking for a place to learn here in Richmond, VA). May I ask what book you are all talking about? I’d like to find myself something to start with since it looks like I will be without a class for a while.

Thanks much,
    –Eryk

EDIT: I just found it posted in this forum. Sorry for asking after only a quick glance at the forum – guess i was being lazy)
    Complete Krav Maga: The Ultimate Guide to Over 200 Self-Defense and Combative Techniques

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Techniques/dp/1569755736/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-7457071-6830019?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189614484&sr=8-1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: