Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics REMEMBERING MARNI A heartfelt thanks from Darren Levine

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    johnwhitman

REMEMBERING MARNI BY DARREN LEVINE

There are no words that can begin to describe the depth of loss we feel since Marniís death. Marni was a magnificent human being. She was such a young, beautiful and vibrant woman, who possessed the rare gift of doing everything incredibly well. Her life was all about making her family and friends feel loved and supported; and of course, making the world a safer and more secure place in which to live.

Every single day of her life, she displayed courage, and when tested, she faced adversity with tremendous grace, strength, and perseverance. Marni was happy-never bitter; strong-never weak; confident, but never arrogant. Simply, she was the most loving, giving, fair minded, humble, and honest person I have ever known.

Her self-sacrificing view of life and her ethical values are what make me most proud to be her husband. She was so loving and respectful of others. She was not judgmental; she was always caring and understanding, and a tremendously loyal friend, sister, daughter, granddaughter, aunt, wife and mother. Instead of speaking badly of someone, she would find the good qualities in a person, and she would speak of that. She found the good in people.

Marni was so easy to be with because she was so comfortable with who she was as a person. Marni was never materialistic. She was never envious of what success other people have achieved. She loved people for who they were, not what status they hadÖwhether they were rich or poor, or from a different faith or race, whether they were gentle, or rough and tough– EVERYONE loved and respected Marni.

She lived true to her values and she was able to interact with people with such amazing comfort and ease in ANY setting, whether teaching or lecturing in front of a class of over 100 students, or at a casual party or at a formal event. Marni was always MarniÖMarni was always fun and interesting to be with.

Her eyes were giant windows in to her beautiful soul. They were see-through, almost clear, with a beautiful splash of green and blue. So many friends and even strangers would comment that Marniís eyes were the most beautiful eyes they had ever seen. But, it was Marniís smile that made her so inviting, accessible, and such a true pleasure to be around.

Marni was such an amazing athlete and one of the most talented female martial artists. Movement came so easily to her; and yes, it was a beautiful sight to seeÖ. small Marni disarming a 6í2î gunman in the blink of an eyeÖ she was a secret weapon—secret because she never talked about her own amazing talent. Rarely did she speak of her vast accomplishmentsÖshe had purpose in life. She quietly moved through life accomplishing something important every day.

Suffice it to say that she was a powerful force in movement; precise and graceful. Although she was super-human strong, her being, her essence was gentle, beautiful, and so feminine. Everything about her soul was so beautiful, and she was such a stunningly beautiful woman.

More than anything, she is the most loving and sensible parent. She knew that the greatest contribution to the world a couple can make, is the loving, sensitive, caring, nurturing, and strong children they leave with the world. She dedicated her life to that beliefÖ.every single day. The kids and their well being came first. She loved her Jordyn Rose and Brooke Eryn with all her soul and moreÖMarni would tell the girls, ìI love you to the moon and back, but I love you much more than that.î

She’s been my best friend, my lover and my soul mate. More than that, she has been a shining example of what good can do in the world. Everything she touched ended up right. She was simply the best mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend I have ever seen.

I thank G-d for her every second of everyday for the time we shared. And I am so proud to see so much of her in our special children. She will live on in all of us; but, she will shine through our daughters, Jordyn and Brooke.
    (con’t)

johnwhitman

Remembering Marni (con’t)

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU

Jordyn, Brooke and I are all so deeply appreciative for all the love and support of so many people during Marniís extended illness and after her passing. To all of our dear friends and family, especially to the entire Krav Maga community of students, instructors, licensees, and law enforcement and military operators throughout the world, we will love and appreciate you forever for the tremendous effort and sacrifice you made to help make our lives easier during an extended time of need.

I feel I must confess something to all of you taking the time to read this messageÖI’m constantly worried, very concerned, whether I have said, \”thank you\” and \”I love you\” enough to the people who have been so kind, so supportive of my family this past year. So, if I haven’t said it as often as I should have, know that I love and appreciate all that you have done and I send you my heartfelt \”thank you\” for your many acts of support. Youíve been an amazing source of friendship and strength.

I will never forget the love we felt from so many peopleÖwhat a blessing we have known. We have received thousands of beautiful letters, cards, poems, drawings, art work and so many meals. To our Krav Maga family from Israel, Japan, Europe, Canada and the United States and throughout the worldÖ.and to martial artists from so many systems and stylesÖThank you, thank youÖ

A REQUESTÖ

Marni used to tell me that if her death led to a better understanding of breast cancer; that if her life changing experience will help save another woman with children afflicted with this horrific disease, then she would feel that her plight was for somethingÖher passing was for some greater purpose.

Marniís strength resonates in the Krav Maga Worldwide community and emboldens us to continue her fight to find a cure for breast cancer. Last year, we teamed up with the charitable organization STOP CANCER and raised more than $66,000 for cancer research. Through STOP CANCERís matching funds relationship with City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, just weeks after the money was raised, Dr. Melanie Palomares, a young, talented researcher at City of Hope, received a $100,000 research grant in Marniís name.

We know the fundraising success achieved last year was in large part due to breast cancerís pervasiveness; everyone knows a women who has passed away of breast cancer. Marni Levine is not the only woman that has been struck down at an early age by this disease. Nor is the KMW Family the first family to be so deeply touched by a loss.

So I would like to encourage you, to donate and help fight for life any way that you can. On October 6th, as many as 50 KMW Official Training Centers in the US and Canada will be hosting fundraising seminars benefiting the Marni Fund. Seminars will be scheduled in Europe and Japan as well. Please make time to attend and support a Krav Maga Fights Cancer Seminar in your area. Visit https://kravmaga.com/fightscancer/ for seminar locations and event details.

If you can not attend a seminar but would like to honor Marni or simply donate to breast cancer research, you can donate on-line as well at http://www.stopcancer.net/marniFund.php .

Fight for the lives of all the great women you know in your communityÖ for all the wives, lovers, mothers, daughters, sisters, cousins, aunts, friends, co-workers, mentors, teachers and comrades, we want to provide them the opportunity to share their strength, courage, love, friendship and determination with the rest of the world through a full and healthful life!

I am humbled by the loving, supportive and giving community Marni has been so instrumental in fostering among us. Please help in any way you can.

With great appreciation,

Darren

stevetuna

Krav Maga – Nantucket will be participating in the second annual Krav Maga Fights Cancer event on October 6, 2007. We will honor the spirit of Marni Levine with this event, as well as with the introduction of the km-X program, a program that Marni worked so hard to develop, at our location in the near future.

Thank you for posting that tribute.

giant-killer

What a loving tribute. It’s hard to believe that it’s already been a year since Marni’s death. My heart goes out to Darren and the girls.

I’ll definitely make sure to come to the fundraiser this year. Hopefully, with enough money available for research, a cure for cancer can one day be found.

mblitz

Breast cancer has struck my immediate family twice in recent years; we consider research toward a cure a top priority. In August, at our annual KMLI picnic we raised money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and this fall we will be doing a fund-raiser this time to honor Marni’s memory while contributing again to the cause of breast cancer research. Darren’s tribute to his friends and supporters was moving, and it reflects the kind of character that has made him–and Marni– so important to so many of us. As we did one year ago, KMLI – KOMBAT MASTERS of Long Island sends its deepest regards to Darren and to his and Marni’s families.

Michael Blitz

kokushi

Wings

I just cannot thank Marni enough to teach me how to be a good person.(I am still trying ereryday).
    When I was seeing Darren and Marni, I thought(still think) they are the best couple and I wanted to have good mary life like they have.
    Darren is always telling me without words how to be a good man and good father.
    Marni have been always nice to me and my friends…ALWAYS.

As I am being one of an instructor in Japan, I have been trying to pass Marni’s will in Japan by doing Charity seminar for fight against breast cancer.
    I appriciate all people who have participated for the events(over 100 people) and I will keep doing the event in Japan.

I know for sure that Marni is spending very peacefull life in heaven with very very beautiful wings on her back. She always keep watching and protecting her family from heaven. I would like all of Marni’s family to believe it.

Thank you, Thank you Marni for everything and I(We) will keep trying to bring good Krav Maga to this planet. I thank G-d that I could meet her, her hasband-Darren, her two angels, and all of her family.

Kokushi Matsumoto
    Krav Maga Japan

ryan

Well, I’ve looked at this many times since John first posted it, hoping the \”right\” words would come to me, but I’m still at a loss. Others have spoken eloquently, so I’ll simply say, Darren, my friend, you are in my thoughts more than you’ll ever know, and we’ll do the best we can here, to keep Marni’s spirit and fight alive.

All the best.

I work in breast cancer research, and I must tell you that as much as it saddens me that Marni was lost to it, I only hope that it will encourage more people to get involved. Sadly, it is still seriously underfunded. 🙁

My best to you and your family, and here’s to hoping for a cure.

JS

moses

For several years in a row now, I’ve done walks for breast cancer research. I lost my aunt to it at a young age, and I generally raise about 5-$6,000 each year with my team. I know it’s small for something as big as this, but it’s the best I can do. All I regret is that I have so little to offer.

myside-aghh

Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your loved one.

lotar

X

Craig.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: