Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    computex

Thank you CJ’s Dad for the repost 😈

quote :

There’s been quite a few times I’ve had to start over of sorts. My endurance went to pot, so had to take fitness classes for a while to get back. Maybe something at home kept me from coming, so again had to start over.

So it’s kind like weight lifting , if you stopped you must start with lower weight

—-

Thanks blindfold for your reply

—-

Now I’m waiting for instructors reply 🙄

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’m sorry I thought you had made a typo so I moved it for you.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

[quote:f0b376b6fd=\”computex\”]Hi

Do I need to train for 3.3 years to get the Brown Belt ?

As written in the book , the average training time for each level is :

Level 1 : 4 Months
    Level 2 : 6 Months
    Level 3 : 9 Months
    Level 4 : 9 Months
    Level 5 : 12 Months

It’s about 3.3 years , can I minimize it to 2 years , like training 4 times a week ?

Thanks[/quote:f0b376b6fd]

The official answer would be yes you need to wait ìxî time to achieve that level. However ultimately its up to your local instructor to tell you when your ready to test for what level.

Obviously some students are going to advance quicker then others because of natural talent or bulk of training this is where the exception to the rules can apply.

But as was shared in the other thread its really not about a belt or a level its about retention of the knowledge and fluidity with the material. At our school its also based on how many classís you have. The front desk keeps a record of mat time so if you come in the girls will ask what classís are you taking and if you doing more then one you should specify your taking x,y,z when its testing time you ask how many classís at level y do I have. You then have the option of discussing with the instructor that you have only been training for so many months but you have received this much training. If you have been attending a few classís a day for several month the instructor should be pretty familiar with you and your abilities and be able to make a judgment at that point.

Which in theory should expedite your achievement level.
    [quote:f0b376b6fd=\”computex\”]

Now I’m waiting for instructors reply :roll:[/quote:f0b376b6fd]

Hope that made sense, let us know if you have anymore questions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: