Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Returning to Krav Training After 6+ Months Away

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    doublestrike

Late last summer after a seminar at my Krav school, I strained my calf. I had originally planned to take 2 weeks off, but then 2 weeks turned into a month, then the holidays came, etc.

I haven’t been back for 6+ months and about 20lbs heavier. I really want to go back to my Krav school, but I’m having feelings of guilt and embarrassment – which leads me to make easy excuses to not go to class. It’s an endless spiral.

I was wondering if anybody has gone through similar experiences and what would you suggest / advise.

Any constructive responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Doublestrike

tzrider

Re: Returning to Krav Training After 6+ Months Away

I haven’t laid off as long but took time off for a neck injury. Have had periods when I was more fit and less fit.

If you’re well enough to train, go back and train. Don’t re-injure yourself. Your fitness level will come back.

doublestrike

Re: Returning to Krav Training After 6+ Months Away

Hi tzrider,

Thanks for the response to my thread. Yeah, I realized that I just need to bite the bullet and just go back to training. I was putting too much needless thought and worry about what other people might think of me – instead of what really matters and what I want. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: