Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Rheumatoid arthritis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sunstar

I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis which has made it impossible to stay in class. I’m 38 so I still want to do as much as possible with regard to my training. Any suggestions as to training at home would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been doing some 360 defenses since that keeps the hand/eye coordination up.

Any ideas would be great.

kirsten

Re: Rheumatoid arthritis

I am sorry to hear this… I understand. My family on my mother’s side has rheumatoid arthritis and it started in my cousin in her early 20’s. There is many new medications on the market perhaps one will work well for you. Is it the pace of the class that is causing flare up’s or just the general activity? Perhaps investing in personal training where you can work one on one with a trainer as your body allows it may be a good idea. The instructor can work with your condition better than a parter may be able to… Just a thought. Also, shadow boxing, working the defenses like you said, kicking in the air, also you can still work all your weapon defenses, just do it in the air using a little imagination….

sunstar

Kirsten, thanks for the reply. My main problem is that my fingers are swollen most of the time to the point where I can’t make a fist and its in my feet as well so kicking is an issue. I think the shadow boxing idea is the way to go.

Thanks

kirsten

Oh, sounds so painful. I really am sorry to hear that… Look into the Bas Rutten Workout CD’s. You will find lots of good info on the forum here about using them..

http://www.basrutten.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=WCDVD&Category_Code=DV

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: