Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    observe783

Hey everyone. I’ve seen a lot of people using/teaching this defense lately, one arm AND two arms. Anyone have any opinions on it? Pros? Cons?

sicpuppy

Re: "Rhino" Defense

What is it??? Do you have a video link or something to see what it looks like?

kevinmack

its a CKM thing. Not Krav Maga.

observe783

I tried to find a video on YouTube but didn’t have any luck. You basically use the same defense as covering for a hook punch but you simultaneously burst in, jamming the elbow of your defending arm into your attackers body.

I’ve definitely seen CKM guys doing it but I’ve also seen a couple high level Krav Maga guys use it. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Nir Maman.

bradm

quote Observe783:

I tried to find a video on YouTube but didn’t have any luck. You basically use the same defense as covering for a hook punch but you simultaneously burst in, jamming the elbow of your defending arm into your attackers body.

I’ve definitely seen CKM guys doing it but I’ve also seen a couple high level Krav Maga guys use it. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Nir Maman.

As you burst in jamming your elbow into the attacker’s body, simultaneously your opposite hand is striking his face with a palm heel strike. From there you apply any additional combatives needed.

krav-is-lyfe
    Blocked

The worst scenario i’ve ever been in was when i was stationed in Libya working for Mossad. We were fighting some PLO rebels in Benghazi, and suddenly our battalion got kidnapped for 87 days. This was the most surreal experience. While they kidnapped me, i converted to Islam and now worship ALlah. Allah is Great, and he will rule the world. All you infidels will fall to his wrath and i will succeed all of you. Victory to ISLAM!!

BUt yeah, i’m also a practicing Jew, and enjoy reading the BIble like a good Jew. BUt i do enjoy eating pork, coz it’s really nice and ****. Shalom to all you peeps.

seeq-qc

funny…in my class we just learned this.

It’s a defense that becomes an offense…if you’re late and cant make an effective outside defense+counter, you cover up with your hands up around your head elbows down tight to your sides – burst in with the the idea that your outside arm will smother the haymaker or other outside punch being thrown and your inside arm, specifically your inside elbow is raised slightly to catch the bg in the chest/sternum area. once you’ve made the defense you quickly transition to a traditional clinch like in stick defense with the inside arm on the bg’s lower neck and the outside arm controlling the punching arm. from there it’s standard combatives.

bradm

quote seeq_QC:

funny…in my class we just learned this.

It’s a defense that becomes an offense…if you’re late and cant make an effective outside defense+counter, you cover up with your hands up around your head elbows down tight to your sides – burst in with the the idea that your outside arm will smother the haymaker or other outside punch being thrown and your inside arm, specifically your inside elbow is raised slightly to catch the bg in the chest/sternum area. once you’ve made the defense you quickly transition to a traditional clinch like in stick defense with the inside arm on the bg’s lower neck and the outside arm controlling the punching arm. from there it’s standard combatives.

Not exactly the way I learned it as I expalined above. But, it does sound effective anyway.

kirsten

Sounds like shelling. I love it… Leaves the body wide open. Do it. Do it lots… But I don’t teach my students to do it unles its one hand and as a flinch/ last minute response. No punching to the sternum, just the soft targets like the face and throat as the immediate counter. But it leaves your body wide open and in the event they have an edged weapon that you didn’t see (which as you all know, you most likely won’t) then it really can be problematic. That is why is our LEAST favorite defense in the Bas Rutten System and at my own KM training centers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: