Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

i have no hate for krav and have been training in it for several months. how ever there are 3 different studios in my city and i have had trails at all of them but after class they inform me of “200 admission fee” and an additional 100$ a month. those are just the average numbers. i decided to cave in and pay for it but is self defense really that expensive? i took boxing for 30$ a month and muay thai was a mere 113$ a year. i understand it is a rare fighting system and most cities dont have it but gee i cant keep up with these prices for twice a week lessons! i often read online articles about krav being a marketing machine and though it is very effective im going to have to concur.

if you could post your prices you pay at your gym that would be great, thanks

kmman

Re: ridiculous prices

$160 a month. Local boxing is around $30 and local Judo club is I think $60. Boxing and Judo usually the cheapest in my experience as it’s more of a “club”.

don

You have a lot of choices when buying vehicles too, even the same brand/model vehicle from different dealerships and/or from different parts of the country…

For some people, a base model Yugo might be good enough. OTOH, some people might need something that can tow. Some people might need something with more passenger/cargo space. Some people might want something more reliable. Some people might want a hybrid. Some people might prefer something with a larger engine. Some people might want NAV. Some people might want a car they can be competitive with in club races. ETC…

kevinmack

If your Muay Thai cost you roughly $9 a month then there is no way that instructor was running a business or had any overhead. My students pay $120 a month. I have one main location I own and one satalite program at a gym. My basic bills run close to $4000 a month and that doesnt include buying new equipment,paying off start up costs,I cant pay employees yet,etc. If I dont charge a certain amount I cant pay my bills,raise my family or have the school for everyone to use. Its a business not a charity. I try to walk the line of offering quality service for a fir price that everyone can have access to….most people would have no problem dropping $100 at a bar on a friday night but god forbid that money goes towards training. I also only charge a $50 registration fee…..$200 sounds absurd though./

quote KevinMack:

If your Muay Thai cost you roughly $9 a month then there is no way that instructor was running a business or had any overhead. My students pay $120 a month. I have one main location I own and one satalite program at a gym. My basic bills run close to $4000 a month and that doesnt include buying new equipment,paying off start up costs,I cant pay employees yet,etc. If I dont charge a certain amount I cant pay my bills,raise my family or have the school for everyone to use. Its a business not a charity. I try to walk the line of offering quality service for a fir price that everyone can have access to….most people would have no problem dropping $100 at a bar on a friday night but god forbid that money goes towards training. I also only charge a $50 registration fee…..$200 sounds absurd though./

thank you for input! well the studio i went to was also used as a yoga on the top story and its family run. the studio was only 113$ a year because he only did our classes 3 times a week and and he did kung fu for kids 6 days a week. we were the only class for mauy thai i dont know the prices for his youth programs but (not trying to be racist) people from china dont need much money to be happy. i completely understand the business side (thanks kevin) im just trying to see how much yall spend on it.

thanks for the replies keep them up1!

celtickm

The same thing happened to me recently. I was told there was £120\$195 initial fee and then £65\$105 a month price from there on. Does seem very expensive but the way I look at it is that if I was to join a good the gym it may be roughly the same monthly price and i have unlimited classes.

I must agree that this initial charge of $95 was a bit of a shock though!

I’m scared to think how much a grading may cost me…

This is not like getting training on Uncle Sam’s dime or being in the Israeli Defense Forces on the Knesset’s dime.

This is a business and Krav Maga does what they can. If I could make a suggestion to KMWW that would be to build apartments and rent them out then make money for example a 20 floor story with 200 rooms per floor would bring in a cool million each month then expand that real estate kind of like what Donald Trump does.

http://www.trump.com/

Then you could help all the KMWW organizations across the USA get more equipment and things like that.

Right now people who open KMWW centers are doing it out of their own pockets and that is not very easy.

brewmasher

I think of it as motivation. Whenever I think about cutting out on class, I think to my self, “what a waste of money. I pay all this cash each month, I am going to take advantage of it”. I usually end up going, and am glad that I did.

rickprado

quote KevinMack:

….most people would have no problem dropping $100 at a bar on a friday night but god forbid that money goes towards training. /

Nothing better than having students who realize disposable income is at a premium, but they make it a point to find the $$$$ for training.

don

I Still Have A Soul – HBO Boxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj1HAEd3Gfw

revobuzz

In UK I pay about $55 for one class a week of about $70 for two classes. Depends on exchange rate though, but seams cheaper than you guys. It’s still more than most other trad. martial art classes though.

kmyoshi

quote brewmasher:

I think of it as motivation. Whenever I think about cutting out on class, I think to my self, “what a waste of money. I pay all this cash each month, I am going to take advantage of it”. I usually end up going, and am glad that I did.

:box: +11!!

kevinmack

Most KM schools in the US tend to be full time schools in their own facilities with high overheads compared to what I see in Europe and the UK. I have yet to see a European/UK KM school in its own facility..most of them tend to be housed in gyms,fitness centers,etc. Even Richard Douiebs HQ is in a Opera house/Ballet type place. Most American KM school owners tend to do this as a full time job as well. That raises the prices over here.

Anonymous

The one near me is £45 a month for two one-and-a-half hour sessions a week. I think that’s pretty good after seeing what US is like…but then again they don’t own the building, but it is an MMA academy so good facilities.

kiddon

Here at Portugal I think is not very expensive , I pay 2 times per week , each class is 1.5 hours training and sometimes about 2 hours and it is
    € 25/Month. Not bad at all.:abx:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: