Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    carpecanis

Just watched the \”Human Weapon\” episode on Savate. What a freakin’ cool sport! I love it’s street/ship-board fighting background. It reminded me of Krav Maga in a lot of ways, especially with it’s straight forward brutality.

Of the moves the emphasised on the show, I was really impressed by two of the kicks. I can’t remember the French names… Anyway:

One kick was pretty much the L2 Defensive front kick, but instead of aiming for the sternum, the foot was rotated outside on a 45-degree and aimed for your enemy’s forward leg, just above the knee. Looked quick and mean. If done correctly, you’d create the distance of the defensive front kick, as well as making sure your opponent never walked correctly for the rest of his life.

The second kick was a forward leg round house to the liver. The move they showed comined a forward jab, to bring your opponent’s guard up, and then the quick kick to the liver. Looked very quick and effective.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has some experience with Savate. I’d never heard of it before and now I’m quite intrigued. 😈

garddawg

Savate is cool! The kicks hurt like hell.

clfmak

The chasse above the knee is a great kick. I actually like to throw it to the body like a teep/front kick, because the toes are sideways so they don’t hit the elbows (thanks, Bas). You can also use it to attack the ribs under the lead arm if the elbow is up- it fits better than the standard front kick.

The thing I really liked on the show is the very fluid footwork and seamless integration of kicking and moving around. Compared to them, I lumber around like an ogre.

bradm

I watched Savate on the Human Weapon last night too. I agree, I like those two kicks. They look very affective and fairly easy to do.

leejam99

now… i didn’t watch it but a friend told me that when they were showing a kick to the liver, the kick was going to the left side of the body…I believe the liver is in the right.

is this true? TIVO TIME!

giant-killer

Yeah, on the right. I know, I’ve got hit there before, not something you forget easily… 8)

mara-jade

Yup, saw it yesterday too.. gotta remember those.. Well, expect a a DVD to come out on these when the series get the run through once 😀

If anyone’s interested, Judo is the next one starting on Friday 🙂

nd6171

The Savate DVD is already available to buy from History channel

unstpabl1

Not having cable sucks

giant-killer

I have it, but I forgot to tape it. 🙁 Waiting for the repeat…

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

I have it, but I forgot to tape it. 🙁 Waiting for the repeat…

😛 But I have DSL, so I can watch posted vids 😆 Sorry its hot in the valley and I’m bored cause I’m not working today and I can’t w/o

giant-killer

Yeah, maybe that Savate show is even on the internet somewhere. Or maybe you can \”cable sit\” for your neighbor, tell him you’d be willing, for a fee, to watch his expensive TV all day long, just in case of a break in. After all, you are a SD expert. If you can sell this well (and you should, you are an actor!) you’re looking at free cable for the rest of your life! 😀

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

. After all, you are a SD expert. _________________
    Giantkiller

ROTFLMAO 😯 Now we all know better than that, and even joking, you and I know thats not true, but others will read and think it is, so bad GK

😉

giant-killer

As long as the guy with the HDTV believes it we’re in business! 😉

leejam99

just watched it. they do make the mistake of showing a kick to the left side when they talk about a liver kick. still a damn good entertaining show!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: