Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

Re: Scissor Kick

Sometimes I do those in sparring to mess with people, but I find them awkward to follow up (I learned it for san da so I never learned grappling followups like in the sambo clip). To defend, I square up with a somewhat wide stance and the takedown fails. Not being there is good, but if its done right this can be a tricky option to pull off and can give them time to get up and defend your counter.

fight-sv

CLFMak: Just to clarify, in sparring you sometimes do those kicks as shown in the video that I posted or you do the Sambo scissor takedown version?

Both are impressive, but I’m interested in seeing if anyone on this forum (besides Sean) can actually pull off the high-flying aeronautic versions (like in the video that I posted)…if you do, congrats 😉

Haven’t seen those yet in the KM curriculum…(at least in any official curriculum)

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

LOL it isnt man I just do stuff like that for fun usually with people who are friends and NOT just some random students. Jay99 was assisting my class so I was just messing around since he was egging me on.

Because people in the forums joke about it so much it’s a running joke at NTC now. So since I teach fight class it’s easy to play around with fun things.

And for what it’s worth Mak I did go right into a leg lock. When this much weight comes flying at you, your both going to hit to ground. 🙂

russell

memo to self….. NEVER TRAIN WITH SEAN

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: