Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Second Amendment Defense

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

Re: Second Amendment Defense

Think of it in this way: Gun ownership is the difference between being a subject of a government or being a citizen.

Also… One good citizen in that classroom at Virginia Tech with a gun would have saved many lives. Unfortunately, many schools are “gun-free zones” and thus are very soft targets.

As for the eeeeeeevil black rifles – damn straight they’re made for killing. I own them for the same reason that I train in Krav Maga – so that I may walk in peace.

policynutz

stevetuna, while I obviously do not agree, I do understand and respect your rationale for thinking this way. Thanks for the respectful insight.

kirsten

We purchase massive amounts of ammo so we can hug our bibles and clutch our guns while ensure freedom throughout the world… I believe that’s the president elects opinion on gun owners in America. And your right, he does have bigger fish to fry. He has to get to work on bankrupting the coal industry and making the cost of electricity skyrocket… busy, busy, busy…

Perhaps if a gun owner was on the bus in Canada, an innocent man wouldn’t have had his head sawn off. Or maybe the should make knives illegal in Canada too…

And I am not even from the “deep south” as you said.. I am one state away from Canada. Must be spreading…

policynutz

Kirsten, I totally get what you mean about the unfortunate incident on the bus. However, over here, violent crime is really quite low. All I am saying is that the same gun factories that produce guns for law abiding citizens end up producing them for criminals as well. Is it so crazy to believe that if all these guns were never created in the first place, then they would never even have the opportunity to fall into the wrong hands? And it is not even just criminals, but those who are mentally unsound. It is frightening (to me) that one could receive permits and buy assault weapons without even a minimal psychological assessment. Or one could even develop psychological problems at a later date after acquiring these types of weapons. The man on the bus apparently has these types of problems, only they were not detected until after he sawed the other man’s head off. And you are right, that was only a knife. What if he was legally carrying a firearm? Surely it could have been much worse. I suppose it really comes down to the question of who really should be buying guns? Does being over 18 or 21 with no police record ensure that all who apply to buy guns are REALLY suitable to do so. Should the qualifications for ownership involve heavier screening? Just a thought.

DonBruns, I totally agree that assault weapons are made only with the objective of killing. IMO, only highly trained LE and service people should have access to these types of weapons. I have spent time in the service so I know just what they can do, and it is scary.

Lastly, I hope I did not insult anyone with the ‘deep South’ comment. I know that it is a generalization. I just remember driving through Georgia and stopping at a convention centre that was having a gun show. Needless to say, I have NEVER seen anything like it in my life. Little kids were handling weapons like it was nothing!

mara-jade

Guns shows here are a regular occurrence. There was one (forget the state) where a young boy shot himself while using a Uzi. Why anyone let an 8 year even near it I don’t get (thought those suckers had a hell of a kick and I THINK the kid was small).

Anyhow, be it guns, knives, drugs, name your poison, if someone wants it bad enough, they can get it. The reality is guns won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. As one says, it’s NOT the tool, it’s the person using the tool that’s the problem.

I know folks who were taught at a very young age to respect guns and shown they’re NOT toys. Kids go deer hunting, etc. It might seem weird to some but after being here 20+ years, it’s nothing unusual to me.

d-bain

My son started out with the standard BB gun, .22 ect, however, by the age of 8 he was shooting my duty weapon. It’s all about education and familiarization and respect of whatever weapon system you use. It takes the excitement and wonder out of it all. He is 21yo now and I feel sorry for the group conducting a home invasion into his or my home.

policynutz: A (MA political science) is very respectful, however, you might want to talk to a few history major’s about the reason our 2nd amendment right is so important to us. No matter how accecable, no matter what we would do, the bad guys will always have access to guns. That’s why they are called bad guys. I don’t want my brothers and sisters in arms to be soft targets. So one may walk in peace.

Respectfuly,
    Dan Bain

ryan

Does North Carolina qualify as the deep south…I sure hope so!

Anyway, it seems as if your argument is, since some people do bad things with guns, let’s just stop making guns. Is that about it? Man, what a slippery slope. Where does it stop?

For the record, ALL guns are made to kill, but if I lay one on the coffee table, I can GUARANTEE you it won’t hurt a soul without a whole lot of help. It won’t load itself, won’t chamber a round, won’t put anyone in it’s sights, won’t pull a trigger, and at my house, the only time someone is going to get shot is if they are doing something they shouldn’t be. So, why should I, as a law-abiding citizen, be denied the right to defend my family by whatever means I deem best, because a tiny percentage of the population is criminal?

ryan

“If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.” –unknown

stevetuna

“Guns cause crime like spoons make Rosie O’Donnell fat…”

claymore

As I sit here in my double-wide, laid-off as an unskilled worker in the local coal mines, I don’t even have the money to get the ’83 Camaro on blocks in my front yard fixed so that I can go meet Mama when she gets out of the joint tomorrow. Bitterly clinging to my guns, religion, and my antipathy for those not like me is the only thing that gets me through these troubled, troubled times in the Deep South. That and the Tuesday night militia meetings…

kirsten

I know that in Japan they only give guns to “highly trained LE”, not even regular patrol have them. So instead they hack each other to death with knives and drive cars into busy shopping districts. When a person is hell bent on killing, they will do it with any weapon available. It’s an issue with the human race… not with Americans, guns, mental subjects (many of which CHOOSE to not take their med’s), or criminals.

Claymore, do you play the banjo while waiting or just watch the hunting channel way down there in the swamp? (LMAO at your funny post!)

mara-jade

quote Claymore:

As I sit here in my double-wide, laid-off as an unskilled worker in the local coal mines, I don’t even have the money to get the ’83 Camaro on blocks in my front yard fixed so that I can go meet Mama when she gets out of the joint tomorrow. Bitterly clinging to my guns, religion, and my antipathy for those not like me is the only thing that gets me through these troubled, troubled times in the Deep South. That and the Tuesday night militia meetings…

Claymore,

Thanks for lightening up the thread – was getting a bit deep around here

claymore

Kirsten,

You got me pegged…playing my banjo, filling the front porch spittoon, and fantasizing that any minute federal agents are gonna show up to conduct an unlawful search of my domicile. Let ’em come, Ole’ Bess is here under the table jus’ waitin’ for ’em…I’ll show them my “US gun ownership mentality”.

Mara Jade,

Thanks, you have no idea how much self-restraint I am exercising right now–(I too have a Poli Sci degree and am predisposed to heated debate). I guess this type of discussion is why I lurked for six years or so before rejoining the forum…

mara-jade

Oh I think I have an idea Ryan – getting all worked up over this one ain’t worth it, you know?thumbsup

kirsten

LOL… What’s funny is I have a banjo, it was my pappy’s. It’s interesting how people can get stereotyped. Oregonions are hippies (I am writing this from a tree rofl2 ), Southerners are… well just read your posts, Utah is all Mormon, Californians are plastic… You just have to take it with a grain of salt. Especially when the opinion is coming from someone who lives in an entirely different country. I was a poly-sci major too till I came to my senses two years into the degree.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: