Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    reserve58

Hello All,

I am currently a Krav Maga student from NJ who is also conducting a study for college and need your help. My study is focusing on how the increase of women taking self defense in recent years is the cause in the decreasae of sexual assaults through out the Tri-State Area.

What I need is any females who are willing to anser a few questions listed below and email me back your answers. I do not need to know anything about you, but you must be a female. This study is completely confidental and I will not send you any junk, etc etc.

Please email your responses to [email protected].
    Thank you for helping out a fellow Krav practioner.

Dan

Survey:
    Circle your answer.
    1. Would you say the number of women in your classes have decreased or increased in the past 10 years?
    Increase or Decreased
    2. What would you say best describes the reason you take self defense classes?
    a. weight loss.
    b. self defense.
    c. health.
    d. other reason.
    3. If you chose d. (other reason) please explain in your own words.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

4. Has any women student ever told you that the reason they are taking the class was because they where a victim of a crime?
    Yes or No

5. Circle all the types of crimes that you or anyone women you know has ever described to you as being the victim of.

• rape
    • sexual assault
    • sexual harassment
    • Assault.
    • Domestic violence
    • Child abuse.
    • Burglary
    • Robbery

6. Would you say that self defense classes are an affective way to refuse to be a victim of a crime?
    Yes or no.
    7. Has women attendance in your class increased in recent years?
    Yes or no.

• Please circle all of the reasonís you started to take self defense classes?
    • You have been a victim of a sexual assault.
    • You have been a victim of a physical assault.
    • You are afraid of being a victim of a sexual assault.
    • Simply something to do.
    • A new form of physical activity.
    • Other.

• If you choose F for other on question 8 please explain:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

• Do you think you are better prepared for a sexual attack due to your self defense training?

Yes or No

11. Do you as a student think that women will be less likely to be a victim of a sexual attack if they have trained in self defense? (Explain your answer)

Yes or No
    Explain:______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10. Please list any information or comments you would like our researches to be aware of below:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

unstpabl1

Re: Self Defense Study

[QUOTE=Reserve58;50864]Hello All,

. My study is focusing on how the increase of women taking self defense in recent years is the cause in the decreasae of sexual assaults through out the Tri-State Area. [QUOTE]

Seems like the study is flawed from the start or purposely looking to skew results in one direction being that the premise is that women’s SD classes “IS” the cause of less Sexual Assualts. This may or may not be true but that’s not what your asking:dunno:

reserve58

To be more specific it is to look at completion rates, ie rapes are attempted and not completed and they have decreased in the past 5 years in large numbers.

unstpabl1

Could be true, but there is a presupposition in the question that taking self defense class is the cause, which it could be true or might not be

Your study appears to be looking at correlation (or, more accurately, inverse correlation). Not the same thing as causation. I strongly advise talking with your instructor about this before you spend much time on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: