Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    anthony

Are there any schools in the Northeast sponsoring any upcoming seminars. I know in the past there seemed to be a lot of publicity about KM seminars in gun defense, knife, etc. being taught by Darren, John, Sam, and other LA instructors. Are they just not publicized, or worse, not being held??? Thanks… Anthony

bradm

I sure would like to see a seminar (or seminars) come to Central Florida.

kravmdjeff

I know that posting advertisements for seminars is sometimes frowned upon, but this is worth taking the risk:

Jeff Jimmo’s \”Tactics of a Dirty Fighter\”

Who: Jeff Jimmo and Ryan Hoover
    What: Seminar dealing with pre-emptive striking, pre-fight indicators, from some of the best in the business (Jeff Jimmo has done seminars all over the country, some even for the NTC).
    When: April 21st from 2-6pm
    Where: Krav Maga Maryland in Columbia (http://www.kravmd.com)

For more info, call (410) 872 9194 or e-mail me at [email protected]

We’d love to have you for this seminar, and while Maryland is debatable as a part of the \”Northeast\”, we’ve had plenty of people from PA, NY, Mass, etc. at other seminars we’ve held. So, give us a call!

anthony

KravMDjeff thanks for the reply. It sounds like a great seminar. And no it isn’t exactly northeast, but the location doesn’t seem to far away for what looks to be a worthwhile seminar. Hope to see you there. Anthony

smokelaw1

I seem to recall hearing about an anti-carjacking seminar around CT somewhere at Krav class the other night. Let me see what I can find out.

anthony

Thanks Smoke… that would be great as I am from CT. Anthony

unstpabl1

Re:

[quote=\”KravMDjeff\”]I know that posting advertisements for seminars is sometimes frowned upon, but this is worth taking the risk:

Hey Jeff 🙂 Why would posting a KMAA schools seminar on the KMAA Forum be frowned upon. I don’t know about the first guy, but Isn’t Ryan a Krav instructor?

It sounds like an awesome seminar. The question of when to engage and when to hold up is a great subject.. On another board there was a excellent discussion about all these recent cases of people complying or running and getting shot anyway. Sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon.
    Hope you guys take the time to post a review
    mike

blindfold

I would like to see more seminars in south florida. I don’t recall any in the past year or so.

kravmdjeff

Link for the seminar:

https://kravmaga.com/pdf/jimmo02-07.pdf

Unstpble:

Both Ryan and Jeff are Krav instructors, and both have numerous certifications and accomplishments outside of the mainstream Krav instructor track. But, to be frank, Krav Maga Maryland is taking in revenue from the seminar, and advertisement for Krav Maga Maryland isn’t the purpose of this board. I would be a little frustrated if I had to wade through advertisements for lots of seminars whenever I came on.

unstpabl1

Hey Jeff, I don’t really get that. I mean you have to promote your stuff the way you see fit, but it sounds like a waste of a resource(forum) to me. A seminar is a great way to promote the system and a much better way to increase revenue than some of the other ideas I’ve heard here lately. A lot of people lurk this board looking for opportunities to learn more about Krav. If I lived in MD,and I saw it here,I’d show up if I could. Other Systems come in a see what your doing, hey that looks cool, I wanna play. I live in a nearby state hear Ryan’s doing a seminar, heard he was great lets go.

Sorry Jeff, I’m not bashing it. I really don’t understand the thinking. Everybody else uses their boards to promote their events, so if your in the area come and play. Making the seminars open to all is like giving a guy a test ride in a sports car…you may not close him but ya got him very nervous 😆 Hope it helps. Love to hear a review when its over
    mike

ryan

Mike, you’re absolutely right. HOWEVER, the problem, as I see it, is that if seminars are promoted here, it will become a free for all, with other styles, systems, instructors, etc. using the forum to promote their seminars. That would be counter to trying to promote KM, and would therefore be one more thing for John (or someone else) to try and police.

Just my thoughts…enjoy the seminar Jeff, it’ll be great.

unstpabl1

Re:

[quote=\”Ryan\”]Mike, you’re absolutely right.

😆 That may be the 1st time anybodies ever said that to me 😮 😆
    Your saying its a matter of really being able to moderate appropreate content. I understand that. Shame though

rich-f

Re:

quote \”blindfold\:

I would like to see more seminars in south florida. I don’t recall any in the past year or so.

Where in South Florida do you train?

ryan

😆

It just becomes a headache. People will start advertising everything under the sun, then if something’s deemed inappropriate for this forum, certain members will become incredulous, which will lead to lengthy and ridiculous debate. It’s just a big headache (this is my take, not John’s, BTW), and it is a shame, but I understand it.

Anyway, for those interested, there is a National Seminar page on the KM website. Check it often for updates.

kravmdjeff

And Mike, there are certain things (such as a Jeff Jimmo seminar) that are worth taking the risk to ask for forgiveness rather than for permission. As noted, I still posted the seminar info 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: