Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    atakrav

I was amazed by the fight, Shamrok slipped twice and his opponent took advantage of them both. I really thought shamrock was going to pound him into the ground.

anonymous

I was surprised, too. I thought that they had selected the opponent to be a relatively easy match for Shamrock, but then he gets knocked out in the first round. And what’s with all that slipping? Sure, it can happen, but twice within about a minute? And why didn’t he protect himself better when the guy was coming after him? Looks like Shamrock’s time is over. I doubt he’ll fight again after this.

But what did you think about the fight preceding the Shamrock fight? Those two guys just having a three round street brawl? That was pretty cool!! I think it’s great that they gave a contract to both of them. I’d love to see them fight again.

atakrav

Yeah that was awesome, techinique wise the fight wasn’t that good. But heart and determination wise that was one of the best fights I’ve ever seen. Im glad they gave them both contracts, they both deserved it. I hope Shamrock fights again, i just can’t bieleve he gave up like that.

anonymous

\”techinique wise the fight wasn’t that good\”

watch it again..Forrest’s clinch work was incredible

xbmw200x

If anyone was amazed that Rich Franklin beat Shamrock, then they aren’t a big fan of UFC. He has fought and beaten some tough opponents including Edwin Dewees, Jorge Rivera and Evan Tanner. There is a reason why he was placed in this match and it wasn’t because they wanted an easy win for Shamrock. Franklin is being touted as the next big thing and they set this match up to make a name for him. Basically Shamrock was there to prove he still had it and Franklin was there to show he has the skillz to be a premier fighter, which he certainly is. Look for Franklin to be a contender for a belt in the upcoming year or two.

atakrav

whatever you say mr. big fan of the ufc

xbmw200x

‘whatever you say mr. big fan of the ufc’

Your immaturirty amuses me, keep it up tough guy. 😆

la-revancha

ata,

We know you’re young, we know you’re into Krav, and we know you like MMA. But if you want to exchange immature jibberish, keep it on sherdog or other forums. We’ve done a pretty good job over the years of keeping this site garbage-free.

Didn’t you read that Wilkipedia post?

atakrav

oh okay, any real fan of the ufc could see this or some gibberish you said, maybe, just maybe, you should take a look at your comments before you critisize others… just a thought..

topitbull

I think the whole thing was rigged!

Just like boxing now

I think they wanted Forrest in the UFC because of his image (and skill)
    they probably thought forrest would clean the floor with Bonnar.

When Bonnar beat the shit out of him, which in my opinion he did, they decided lets give them both a contract.

Also I think shamrock slipped on purpose.

They are trying to buiild this franklin guy up to be a bad ass so why not pay shamrock to take a dive. Surely if he can beat shamrock he will fare well.

I don’t buy any of it. Call me one of those conspiracy theory guys if you want, but I’m not normally that way.

anonymous

I can’t really imagine the fight was rigged. Just look at Shamrock’s face, he looked pretty beat up, why would he let the guy do that to him? Also, the referree took a while before he stopped it, probably hoping Shamrock would recover. If they rigged it in any way I think it might have made more sense to rig it so that Shamrock would win, since he is the ‘legend’ and it was the live fighting premiere on network TV… I also wonder why they chose Franklin, who usually fights 20 pounds lighter. Maybe they thought that would make Shamrock the naturally stronger man and Franklin would gas quickly with those 20 extra pounds. Guess they were wrong.

That slipping just looked like a rookie mistake. Not only that he slipped, but that he was unable to properly protect himself once he was down. He didn’t even try to use his legs to keep Franklin away, just kind of turned his head away or something… Hmmm, makes me think that maybe the old legends aren’t really as skilled as the newer guys. In the old UFC’s they actually had many fighters, who only knew their own sport such as Muay Thai or BJJ, so maybe a good BJJ fighter could surprise a kickboxer with a takedown, but not anymore… They also had a lot of brawlers such as Kimo and Tank. None of those original guys has had any success going against the newer fighters. Shamrock was probably seen as technically the best, but even he doesn’t seem to be doing so well. Couldn’t just be the age, Randy Couture is the same age and is the heavyweight champion. So, maybe the old fighers just weren’t that good? What if they were still ten years younger, had the same skills they had back then, would they be able to win against today’s top fighters?

jason-koepke

Re:

quote \”atakrav\:

whatever you say mr. big fan of the ufc

Why is it that every post you make seems to be inflammatory in nature? You seem to want to provoke everyone. As others have said, we have managed to keep this board civil. There is no need for that type of behavior on here. Please keep your posts civil. You have every right in the world to state you opinion. Just think before you type.

Jason

atakrav

I love Martial ARts, and love Krav Maga, but this forum kills me… I know i messed a couple times in my comments. but I’m done with this chatting forum stuff… Pretty good designed website though…

jason-koepke

There is no need for you to leave. Healthy debate is good. You just don’t have to attack people in your posts. State your side in a civilized manner and people will respect you. Just follow the \”Treat others as you would like to be treated\” motto and all will be well.

Jason

A lot of people are calling the fight fixed. I call it sad. I feel so bad when a fighter does not know when to quit.
    I really hope Royce Gracie can stay out of the ring.
    You can tell this was not a prime Shamrock. He looked tired before the fight.

ATA, remember as ATA members when we tell people we are from that org, or train at a school of that sort we are representing our instructors. I am not taking sides, just remember not to say anything you can not imagine your instructor saying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: