Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Sharir Richman Workshop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yehudabaruch

Hi all,
    I run the Krav Maga club at Yale, and we recently hosted Sharir Richman (of Israel’s “PROTECT”) for a beginning seminar.
    I just wanted to let you all know how extremely impressed I was with Sharir, from his techniques to his teaching style and wonderful heart. What a legit guy.
    We concentrated on knife defenses, and Sharir stressed realistic and truly effective techniques, which we then practiced under stress (i.e.- multiple icepick stabs charging forward etc.). I have never felt this secure with a knife technique before, and it was certainly a departure from the method I was familiar with before. Sharir teaches to charge in aggressively, striking the knife hand at an obtuse angle, wrapping as quickly as possible, and moving in with strikes until incapacitation.
    We look foward to having Sharir back next semester, and to collaborating with him at distance to develop a solid curriculum for our club, which meets twice a week.
    Have any of you had the chance to work with Sharir in the past?
    All my best,
    -J

hicklinc

Re: Sharir Richman Workshop

no i havent just saw him on human weapon their are a lot of videos on you tube with him though you should check them out

hicklinc

opps he wasnt on human weapon it was the other guy who was in one of his videos

yehudabaruch

Well Itay Gil, who founded PROTECT, was on Human Weapon, but Sharir was one of the knife-wielders.

hicklinc

yeah itay gil was who i thought of

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: