Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Shin Guards for short people…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am a level 2 student (all the level 2 classes are joint with level 3 at my school, so often doing level 3 stuff as well). When I passed the level one test back in August I ordered my school’s fight-kit. We are encouraged to buy the fight kit through them as it ensures we all have the same gear, which I totally understand. It means we all have the same level of protection (so no one is wearing gear that protects less and gets hurt, AND no one wearing more protective gear and thus hits harder and hurts someone), and the same visibility from our headgear.

The shin guards that are in our fight kit are these: http://www.revgear.com/product/ultralight-shin-instep-guard/krav_maga_shin_guards

However, I am small female. I am 5’2″ and 110 pounds. My issue with the shin guards is that they are one-size fits all and they cover my knees fully. When I wear them I can’t bend my knees at all. I am trying to find a pair that will offer the same level of protection, as well as go over my shoes quickly like these do, but maybe come in sizes so that I can get ones that will allow me to bend my knees.

It is driving me crazy as I can’t really be in a good fighting stance while wearing them since my knees are so restricted in movement (the top straps align right with the back of my knees).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to ones that offer a similar amount of protection but come maybe in sizes or something?

Thanks
    Eris

catapult

Re: Shin Guards for short people…

Hey Eris,

Since your school prefers Revgear, I know someone who has these and likes them. They’re more of a traditional Muay Thai guard and they come in sizes from XXS to XXL. Measure your shin and click the size chart.

http://www.revgear.com/product/defender-gel-shin/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: