Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zen4me

What are some good shinguards for use while barefoot? Any suggestions that won’t break the bank are greatly appreciated.

I have a set from Revgear that are for use with shoes, but I’ve been doing a lot of classes lately sans shoes and would like to have protection whether I’m wearing shoes or not for class.

Thanks in advance,
    Kelly

leejam99

Re: Shinguards

important factor for me is that the footpad covers my entire foot and its nice and thick. Most of the shin guards out there only covers a bit….. this is not so good when you kick your top of the foot right on your opponents elbow!

bracius

I am actually in the same boat. Now that I am doing the level two class I have to pick up some shin guards and gloves.

kvmorl

I saw the Pro shinguards that go for $79 for $23 at Revgear not too long ago, those are great.

clfmak

I use the big Everlast ones with the Chinese writing on them. They’re pretty big and offer a good deal of protection (I spar with shoe kicks to the shin and strikes with rattan sticks, and they keep my shins in good condition). I have a few complaints- first of all, the instep section is holding on by a thread on both sides- I need to sew them back on properly. Also, they are pretty bulky, so if you add in grappling it can get annoying. Other than that they have worked well through lots of sparring.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: