Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

Re: Shock Knives

I don’t know if mine are simply a newer generation, but these seem like they’d still work if someone was extra soggy. We’ll keep testing them (heh, heh, heh…) and I’ll report back.

jamesh-d30

The model we have has a layer of insulator outside of the contacts that help with the sweat issue, but they still short out when very wet. Just shake them out for a second and they’re good to go.

They actually work BETTER through a layer of clothing than they do on bear skin. Quite a bit I might add.

skelegirl

quote JamesH:

The model we have has a layer of insulator outside of the contacts that help with the sweat issue, but they still short out when very wet. Just shake them out for a second and they’re good to go.

They actually work BETTER through a layer of clothing than they do on bear skin. Quite a bit I might add.

Wow!!! I didn’t realize you tested them on bears… I’m impressed by your dedication to test these out.

::ducking and covering::
    rofl2

simon

Thank you James, now those things scare me MORE

stevetuna

We used the shock knives in our recent Level 1 & 3 Force Training certification. I pooched a defense against a straight stab and ended up using some sort of half-assed cavalier. As I did so, I took the weapon across my body (a big no-no). The shock knife made contact on my left nipple…

Do not – repeat – DO NOT apply a shock knife to you nipple – left or right. You will receive a quick lesson in the do’s and dont’s of knife defenses that you won’t soon forget!

(um, you will also say some very bad words that cops will know and appreciate, but that the general public will frown upon…)

edsko

I had heard about these knifes before (I think Chris Masaoka in Bellevue had been telling me about them) and after reading this thread I decided I just had to had one.

But holy ****! These knifes are expensive! I was quoted EUR 400 (USD 550) for an ex-demo model (under warrenty). Is that reasonable? And if so, is that worth it?

jesse

Bad, Steve, real bad.

I’m sitting here reading a really good thread and then I read your post. I’ve got a bit of a post-nasal drip and everything went everywhere when I started laughing. I will have to admit that there is a bit of a cringe factor too. I’ve never had Ryan use one on me before, but even in the normal classes he likes to use it to “focus attention”.

night-robin

quote stevetuna:

We used the shock knives in our recent Level 1 & 3 Force Training certification. I pooched a defense against a straight stab and ended up using some sort of half-assed cavalier. As I did so, I took the weapon across my body (a big no-no). The shock knife made contact on my left nipple…

Do not – repeat – DO NOT apply a shock knife to you nipple – left or right. You will receive a quick lesson in the do’s and dont’s of knife defenses that you won’t soon forget!

(um, you will also say some very bad words that cops will know and appreciate, but that the general public will frown upon…)

I feel for you. Luckily, Its not the same EXACT feeling. May ye be more fortunate in future endeavors.

quote stevetuna:

Steve, your my new HERO!!!bow1:beer:
    “Do not APPLY a shock knife to your nipple – left or right” So the right one got jealous???rofl2rofl2rofl2

clfmak

I tried fighting with them at the last Dog Brothers gathering. I got shocked with it before the match just to see what it was like, and I wondered what I was getting myself into. During the match itself, I don’t remember ever getting shocked, even though I’m sure the knife hit me.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: