Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Should I be concerned if school I’m looking at is not recognized by KMWW?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jakebrake

This particular location is the only one in my area that would fit around my work schedule but from what I’ve researched it is not a KMWW recognized school.

Just curious as to what some others on this forum would think…is it a deal-breaker or should just I just check it out in person and draw a conclusion from their.

ronta

Re: Should I be concerned if school I’m looking at is not recognized by KMWW?

Why there’s no people answer this question?

kravjitsu

What organization is the school affiliated with… There are other good Krav organizations out there. Is this school not affiliated with any organization?

lions2011

Tough question!! KMWW is the biggest in the USA. However in Israel and Europe there style of Krav maga is just as different as similar.

IT would be extremely hard I imagine to switch from one Krav organziation to the next. Each one has “evolved” very uniquely over the years. You would have to unlearn and relearn many things.

There are several major federations now and dozens new ones the last few years that I have read about. Most are very small and tiny.

The major ones are KMWW in USA. David Khan is part of a great organization I read called Israeli KM Assocation. However, his schools are mostly in NYC and NJ area. KM federation is good too I think I read.

Hard to say what to do.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Hi Jake

It might be easier to let us know what the school name is and if they have a website. Usually looking at an instructors lineage will tell you a lot about how good their material is going to be.

catapult

quote :

IT would be extremely hard I imagine to switch from one Krav organziation to the next. Each one has “evolved” very uniquely over the years. You would have to unlearn and relearn many things.

Nonsense. As Kevin Mack likes to say, there’s Krav and there’s a bunch of other crap claiming to be Krav. Even with a guy like Alain Cohen, who sells instructor certificates, you can look at his videos and say “yup, that’s Krav.” Note, I wouldn’t normally post a link to bootleg videos but the guy has already sold out the art with his business practices so back atcha Alain.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVvlpBgQJA8g7XMvM44LwGQ/videos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: