Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Should i give it a try?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey guys!
    My name is Noah

I am looking for a Martial art…

– That is fun to learn
    – Effective for real life self defense (No rings or anything)
    – a good workout

So after a lot of research i found Krav Maga!
    And i have a Krav Maga Club EKMA (Europe Krav Maga Academy)
    that is very close to me…

My question is would it acually Help me?

Alot of people on the internet sais it is all B*llsh*t
    is it?

Thanks!
    -Noah

maddogmean

Re: Should i give it a try?

First you have to understand where the criticism of “it’s bullsh*t is coming from.” It usually comes from people training in other disciplines that have never set foot in a reputable Krav Maga training facility, saw a few videos online, and decided that it’s garbage.

The argument usually goes KM student and (Insert Martial Art) student get locked in a cage fight…who wins. Define win? Is it a KO, submission, or the best of a 3 round fight? Or is it jumping the fence…going home…and watching late night TV? Because avoiding the fight is a KM win. Or doing enough to get you out of the cage…that’s a KM win.

Here’s what I got out of KM:
    -Gave me a good set of skills to protect myself (not going to win any MMA fights or BJJ tournaments).
    -Got me into shape. And inspired me to pursue other activities to better my health. Never did anything remotely active until KM.
    -Gave me survival mindset. This isn’t a false sense of confidence, cockiness, or tough-guy attitude. It’s more awareness and a refusal to quit or become a statistic.

From what you listed, it looks like something you may be interested in. I think you will just need to try it out to see if it’s a good fit for you.

Thank you!
    I`m definitely try it out
    we anyway have 2 Free try out classes
    And yea u are right… all of the B*llsh*t is coming
    from MMA or BJJ forums….;):

magpie

quote MadDogMean:

Here’s what I got out of KM:
    -Gave me a good set of skills to protect myself (not going to win any MMA fights or BJJ tournaments).
    -Got me into shape. And inspired me to pursue other activities to better my health. Never did anything remotely active until KM.
    -Gave me survival mindset. This isn’t a false sense of confidence, cockiness, or tough-guy attitude. It’s more awareness and a refusal to quit or become a statistic.

I like this. I frequently have to remind myself of what I hope to get out of KM, and your first and third points encapsulate them perfectly.

lions2011

Yes try it out for awhile and see.
    What organization of krav maga.
    Do you know that Krav is becoming a very generic name like Karate now.
    There are several major Krav Organizations and dozens of lesser ones too.
    In the USA KMWW is the biggest but in Israel it is IKMA and in Europe I think it is is IKMF.
    I forget

jasonnorin

The people who are saying KM B.S probably never actually tried it first hand, or just being a complete jerk. There should be no bashing when it comes to Martial Arts because you will literally draw blood, sweat and sometimes tears just to be efficient in it. Real Martial Arts practitioners should not at all times bash any other form of Martial Arts. Live and Let Live is the key.

kravandy

It is highly practical and super effective. Military and law enforcement train with the system, and I have heard numerous people tell me stories about how the skills they learned from Krav Maga literally saved their life in a real violent conflict.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: