Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Should I train with a cold?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    happyloaf

I am wondering is it rude to train with a cold? I picked it up from krav and have taken a few days off so I don’t infect anyone but damn am I bored. So I am wondering what are people’s feelings on their training partners training with a cold.

susie

Re: Should I train with a cold?

Cough, cough, sniff, sniff, wipe your germs on your wraps and then pass them along to the next guy to hit the tombstone. IMO -Take a few days get well and don’t get everyone in your center sick. They will appreciate it.

Or get them all sick and they will remember it come time to practice combatives. :box2:

leejam99

umm… i would you feel is all you have to ask your self.

Treat people the way you wanted to be treated. If you want and like it when people get you sick on purpose… that’s another story.

happyloaf

I figure I’ll take most of this week off of training and it is KILLING ME. I’m so bored….the local gym on campus opened but since it is the first week back it is too packed to get in a good workout….

jesse

There’s way too many posts on here about crazy exercises for you to sit in your room and mope. :Deadhorse: I live in a teeny tiny apartment with a loving, longsuffering wife and a 2 year old who copies everything I do. If I can do it, you can too! Besides…how many gyms have kleenex dispensers out on the training floor?

happyloaf

I’ve been doing some of the crossfit stuff the last few days; mostly the passive exercises those have been great. Now I just need to find a place to put my new heavy bag. I was told in no uncertain terms I am not allowed to hang it from a tree out back by the association and my landlord said I cannot put a bolt in the wall. Ugh!

clfmak

Sounds like you’ll have to get one of those big metal heavy bag hangers.

happyloaf

Yeah I was hoping to get off cheap; got the bag for 20 bucks and hoped I could hang it out back in a tree for cheap. The stand is a bit out of my price range right now.

jesse

Watch craigslist.com for el cheapo deals. I live in the Charlotte, NC area and a punching bag tends to go up on it for free or cheap about every four to five days. There was a full stand with 80 lb bag, double end bag, and speed bag for $120 on there the other day and prices are always negotiable. I prefer craig’s to ebay because it’s divided up by area and anything you see will be fairly easy driving distance for you. The sad thing is that so many of the martial arts things you see are “never” or “seldom used”. Different people list “full set of sparring gear for a 10 year old” about three times a week in this area. rofl2

There’s more than one way to skin a cat besides grabbing his nose with pliers and yanking on his tail.

jesse

Here’s a few from craigslist.com in the Gainesville area:

This sounds like a wavemaster and bag gloves for $50- http://gainesville.craigslist.org/spo/793967004.html

Heavy bag, speed bag and stand for $125 – http://gainesville.craigslist.org/spo/789048417.html

A nice weight system that my dad had one just like for $100. – http://gainesville.craigslist.org/spo/777605153.html

Remember you can always try to bargain someone down. Good luck to ya.

happyloaf

My 25 dollar bag came from craigslist. Might have to look at the one with the stand….that I could afford.

happyloaf

I can’t do a wavemaster either. I am afraid that it would to loud to hit and my roommates would go bonkers.

jesse

A wavemaster is a little louder but not much. Your groaning will probably drown them out anyway. The disadvantage to a wavemaster that I’ve found is that it tends to move around a bit (a little fraction every hit). I usually ended up backing it into a corner and then manhandling it out.

happyloaf

I have an odd layout inside that makes putting in a wavemaster hard. I am hoping to get a stand so I can hang a bag outside and carry it in when I’m done. This will also keep my roommates from complaining about the grunting…. they just don’t get my need for krav and hitting things.

mara-jade

Hubby and I have gotten sick several times this year due to folks coming into train and they’re sick. We NEVER go to our center if we even start to feel sick. I’d rather lose a few days than screw somebody out of their training cause I didn’t stay away.:wav:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: