Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Simple question about a bloody nose!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kpalena

I posted this last night, but it got deleted. First…why? It is a perfectly legitmate sparing question.

My nose bleeds really easily. Almost every time I spar, even if I don’t get hit hard, it bleeds. Does anyone here have a solution? Even an idea?

usnavy-233

This is going to sound very sarcastic but, DON’T GET HIT! 😛

Seriously, my nose bleeds pretty easy too, although I’ve only had it hit once so far (I’m sure it’ll happen more as I start sparring more). I don’t have any solutions to keep it from bleeding, but I would say that this is a good motivator to make you work your footwork and defenses so it doesn’t happen very often!

rich-f

I don’t mean to scare you, but how about checking with a doctor? Stuff like that are warning signs that something isn’t right in your body.

kpalena

Yea I probably should. This happened once before when I was a teenager. I was wrestling at the time. It went away for a while but is back now.

anonymous

I’ve gotten hit in the nose hard a few times, but I bleed rarely. Then there are others, who seem to start bleeding as soon as you touch them. Weird. I don’t think it has to do with how tough you are, even one of the toughest guys at the NTC confesses to being a bleeder. 😆

lazlo

If you are trying to prevent a bloody nose before sparing try one or more of these:

-Don’t use asprin; use Tylenol as apriin is a blood thinner
    -Spray salt water up your nose a few times a day to keep it moist. They sell it a pharmacies.
    -Swab your nostrils with a good amount of vaseline-almost so you have to breathe out your mouth
    -Place rolled up gauze or toilet paper and jam it in the nostril that bleeds
    -Go to the doc and get it cauterized. You feel pressure but not pain. This can only be done so many times.
    -Do not pick your nose. Use a tissue but don’t stick anything in there.

AFTER you start bleeding:
    -Head down forward as you sit. You want the blood to cougulate in the nose and not flow down the back of your throat.
    -Direct pressure: Pinch it firmly with gauze blocking the nostrils or toilet paper. Pinch right where the nose cartilage and bone meet. Don’t press on the bone.
    -Don’t keep checking if it has stopped bleeding. You are likely just tearing open the scab/clot that is trying to form.
    -Place ice on the bone part of the nose.
    -If it doesn’t stop within 10-15 minutes, go to the ER.

kmcat

This is a bit of a long story, but it may be interesting to those with quick to bleed noses…

My son had nose bleeds easily when he was younger, especially when the weather was cold and/or dry.

Then he had orthodontics (braces) put in.

In prep for placing the braces the doctor had a palet separator put in.
    This is a dental device that goes on the roof of the mouth and it has a very small ratchet gear in it. Each night for about 6 weeks we had to tighten the gear with a very small metal pick and it pushed the bones of his skull/face apart. It did it by very small degrees, probably fractions of a millimeter a night. (Right after this my son said he felt a weird tingling in his face and usually had a headache and took some asprin.)

At the end of this process he had enough room in his upper jaw to apply the braces to start the process of pullling his teeth straight.

The other suprising side effect is that his nose bleeds when a way permanently. He has not had one at all since that process.

lumpy

This often happens to me. I heave my pants up to my shoulders and tie off the draw string to impeed the immediate flow of blood to my head. Unfortuanatly, this give my opponent the chance to kick me in the groin (ouch!) but it takes my mind off the bloody nose. Hope this helps

kpalena

Solution found…bitter sweet

Well, after a month of bleeding out I finally got the thing cauterized. It is nice to know that the problem might be fixed, but now that the lidocane has worn off, I am in a lot of pain……….this kind of sux.

clfmak

My forehead was cut open last saturday while training for a pankration tournament. Somehow my partner didn’t notice, and by the time anyone did the tiny cut had bled all the way down to my chin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: