Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Situation in Middle East is rapidly deteriorating

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

So called Arab spring is more like an Arab winter. None of these countries will ever be a democracy at least not for many centuries. Most are going to turn further in so called Sharia law and become more like Hamas and MB.

Egypt was far better under Murbarak at least the country was secure and stable despite him being a complete thug and killer. It appears the MB will take over next month and this will completely destablize its relation with Israel and the west.

Syria- Asad one of the worse tryants left is fighting for his life. If attacked by foreign powers like England or the USA he may launch war against Israel

Libya- Another giant waste of billions of dollars that the USA was taken advantage of. We should of demanded billions in oil for any of our help at first. Another more radical leader will emerge than the one they killed last week.

Israel- no doubt that Israel has become more right wing and they continue to increase settlement expansion in East Jerusalem.

IRan- the true enemy of the US and West and the biggest finanicer of world terrorism in the world. USA should of hit IRan and not Iraq or Afgan. And they are 5 years aways from the bomb. Almost every terrorist group of Muslim blood is funded by them or supplied by them. US should blockade Iran.

USA- thanks to 8 years of 2 of the worse presidents in history, Bush and Obama the USA power is in a major decline because we are simply out of money.

What does this mean. It means a great great war is brewing and could happen fast.
    Plus the Pales under Hamas control continue to fire illegal rockets into poor Southern Israel.
    Israel has hamas in the south. A potential major new enemy in Egypt in the South. They have Hezbollah in the North and Syria. And this is all under the Iranian cloud.

I am seeing major war coming soon and Israel may have to consider using Fission and Fussion weapons against IRan or Syria if they use any chemical weapons.
    What is your opinion on this madness.
    You really think under Reagan that Iran would be allowed to assassinate diplomats and nothing would happen. Obama is history in 10 months and hopefully flip flop Romney can regain lost US prestige and honor

lions2011

Re: Situation in Middle East is rapidly deteriorating

As the muslim nations become more and more radical and sharia extremist. Israel is going to be forced to become more and more right wing. With Egypt turning to MB soon and with Syria unraveling quickly and with Iranian expanding cloud over the ME I do not see this ending well.

If Israel shall fall then they are taking out most of the Arab world since they have 200 nukes .

Muslim world today reminds me of the Christian world in the Medieval time period. Funny because during the medieval times the muslims worlds were very advanced in just about every area and far more advanced than European.

bear34

Just curious lions 2011, how old are you?

esquire32

And The Relevance To Krav Maga Training Etc Is What?

quote esquire32:

And The Relevance To Krav Maga Training Etc Is What?

Its the student lounge, and student lounge (per section description) = off topic/anything but Krav.
    To continue the thread, I don’t see any kind of large scale mobilization against Israel for at least a few years. Even if the extremists got in power, they would first need to consolidate their resources and eliminate any dissention internally. After that they would need to train, equip and organize for an assault into Israel, and a one-on-one battle with Israel would not go so well for whomever thinks they have the cajones to challenge them. Nuclear deterrence for the extremists isn’t such an issue, only that they wouldn’t want to lose their resources available to fight Israel; they don’t really care if they die or not so long as an infidel dies also. I think that the lack of stability is a problem over there, but if I was an oppressed citizen of one of those countries, I do not think I would care very much about how stable my region was as long as I could work towards freedom for my people. As to Iran, I think you’re over-estimating their involvement in terrorism. While they do finance and supply much of the middle eastern terrorist groups, don’t discount the cartels and some of the far-east terrorist groups. Lastly, don’t assume that all Muslim terrorist groups want the same thing-Shi’ites and Sunnis were killing each other left and right using the same weapons and tactics they used against us as early as 2004. This has a huge effect on who is in power because in Iraq, the minority by number held the majority of power prior to the invasion.
    Politics aside, I don’t think former President Bush was a bad president. Much of the intelligence that contributed to the elimination of OBL was gained under President Bush. Additionally, military pay, benefits weren’t a target for budget cuts and equipment procurement for warfighters to get COTS (commercial, off the shelf) solutions to problems was so much easier; finally, other military research and procurement wasn’t horrible either. Technological advances between Christians and Muslims have something to do with culture and personality. A prevalent mindset in Iraq is that the oil doesn’t have to be changed, the car runs until Allah wants the car to stop, or the person who is out to get them messes it up.

lions2011

to Jimmy, it just seems to me the that USA is being abused and used by way too many nations around the globe. Why do we still need to spend tens of billions to have troops stationed in Germany, S.Korea, Taiwan or Japan and dozens of other places.
    What are we getting out of it. Seems like nothing. We should bring all these troops home. South Korea is armed to the teeth thanks to the billions we invested there.

Why are we giving tens of billions a years to nations that do not like us like Egypt and Pakistan for starters.
    I am just tired of seeing the USA being sucked dry by other nations that is largely are own fault by terrible leaders.

Are best way to deal with terrorism is too hit them hard with drones and planes and get out.

lions2011

By the way. i do not mean to group all Arabs together. So If I offended you then I am sorry. I do understand that some want to live in a more free world of basic civil liberities and rights.

How old am I. I have hit the old rip age of 36.

You must agree that the USA is being run to the ground by poor leaders.

lions2011

Why did we waste billions in Libya . What did it accomplish. So we switch one maniac for another one.
    At least we should of received massive amount of oil up front before we helped. That way we got something out of it.
    I guarantee you that Libya will probably become more of a breeding ground for terrorism in the next few years. My guess

I wasn’t offended, I just know that several dudes I deployed with made no distinction between the Sunni and Shi’ite and so that caused problems. Having bases over there allows us to maintain staging areas in other countries in addition to being a deterrent for the host nation against aggression by other nations. As an example, I flew into Germany several times on my way to and from Iraq. Much easier to do than loading troops up in a ship and sending them across the ocean, and risking losing all of the forces on that ship and the ship in one go. As far as Libya goes, I don’t know why we were there. We were supposed to take a smaller role than we did, and I’m not sure we should have ever gotten ourselves involved in the first place. To top this off we’re now sending SF guys to Africa to hunt down a Christian group. While I understand that the Christian group is a terrorist group and employs especially brutal tactics, why select that group to fight instead of a more prominent group-not necessarily Muslim, but something else. It is my opinion that the only reason President Obama did that was to score points with the Muslims, which is what he has been trying, and failing, to do his entire presidency.
    I don’t know if oil from them is what we need. Depending on what state the oil is in it may require more processing than its worth for us to make it usable. On top of this, it does little to the American people for a few reasons: the government has to figure out who will process and sell it, the government has to make arrangements for the oil to be transported here and will have to guard it the entire time because it will be under threat, and if it is sold to a commercial vendor there is no guarantee that it, or the profits from it, will remain in the US. A better and quicker solution would have been currency or precious metals, although the Libyan government/transitional government was and is no position to give those things to us, nor could we have believed any promise made about those prior to their takeover.

lions2011

I am not sure what the solution to Iran is . I was hoping the people were going to overthrow the government last year but that did not happen.

If Israel attacks Iran then a massive regional war will erupt and massive Jewish casualties will occur. Iran can cause massive damage to Israel with Hamas and Hizbullah firing thousands of rockets along with Syria.

I am against the US putting solders on the ground in a Muslim nation but maybe a naval blockade would work.

Then again I hardly think about it as I have more important issues in my own life.

I’m interested in hearing why you think a Naval blockade would work but are against putting troops on the ground in a Muslim nation. The people put the current government in place back in the 1970’s and a big enough fire hasn’t been sparked in them for them to revolt yet.

thecrownsown

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s…oryId=87860378

Between 2001 and 2007, Gallup conducted tens of thousands of hour-long, face-to-face interviews with residents of more than 35 nations that are predominantly Muslim or have substantial Muslim populations. The sample represents residents young and old, educated and illiterate, female and male, and from urban and rural settings. With the random sampling method that Gallup used, results are statistically valid within a plus or minus 3-point margin of error. In totality, we surveyed a sample representing more than 90% of the world’s 1.3 billion Muslims, making this the largest, most comprehensive study of contemporary Muslims ever done.

—————

Who speaks for the West?: Muslims around the world do not see the West as monolithic. They criticize or celebrate countries based on their politics, not based on their culture or religion.

Dream jobs: When asked to describe their dreams for the future, Muslims don’t mention fighting in a jihad, but rather getting a better job.

Radical rejection: Muslims and Americans are equally likely to reject attacks on civilians as morally unjustified.

Religious moderates: Those who condone acts of terrorism are a minority and are no more likely to be religious than the rest of the population.

Admiration of the West: What Muslims around the world say they most admire about the West is its technology and its democracy — the same two top responses given by Americans when asked the same question.

Critique of the West: What Muslims around the world say they least admire about the West is its perceived moral decay and breakdown of traditional values — the same responses given by Americans when posed the same question.

Gender justice: Muslim women want equal rights and religion in their societies.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.: Muslims around the world say that the one thing the West can do to improve relations with their societies is to moderate their views toward Muslims and respect Islam.

Clerics and constitutions: The majority of those surveyed want religious leaders to have no direct role in crafting a constitution, yet favor religious law as a source of legislation.

The problem with the understanding of terrorist acts is that the perpetrators of the terrorist acts don’t see it as terrorism. I agree that a minority of people are the ones creating violence, but being neutral doesn’t mean they don’t favor the idea of the downfall of the west, it just means that they don’t actively provide support for an operation towards that end. Muslim countries becoming secular is what started the Islamic Revival of the early 1900’s, and what started the Muslim Brotherhood, among other extremist organizations that believed that the ruling class of people should be religiously educated and have held positions inside of the religion for the duration of their life. Something else that needs to be addressed in western politics, and that Muslims should come to accept, is that Westerners do not have to bow and accommodate every single Muslim demand or tradition. American politicians haven’t learned this yet, and European politicians are starting to learn that if you give them what they want for so long and then stop, stuff goes bad quick.

lions2011

I am just not seeing too many moderate Muslim voices. Where are they???

Well Jimmy. Your a military man and I am not. I do not think boots on the ground in a Muslim country will mount to much. I think the best approach is to kill as many as possible from drone attacks and air then get out.
    The restrictions and embargos on Iran is not working as most people thought. Maybe a naval blockade will help to cripple them more. I don’t know.

IRanian government must be brought down. I know it is against are laws to assassinate leaders of other nations but maybe this needs to change in this case. Iran with nukes would really destablize the world.

Boots on the ground in any country will mount to something. I think the moderate Muslims don’t get heard from alot because it doesn’t create the same drama that an extremist would. Additionally, many Muslims are afraid to publicly condemn extremist actions for fear of being shunned and cast out of Islam for “betraying” another Muslim, and for fear of inviting extremist violence on themselves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: