Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tazz

How do you deal with someone who comes to class and smells before you even start to work out. I dont won’t to make them mad, but this getting old.

bjelder

Re: smell

I was behind somebody and they farted. It was awffuulllll. As for your situation, partner up with them. More reason to hit harder 😀

In all seriousness, I deal with this sometimes when i work as a flight instructor (picture being cramped in a tiny airplane with somebody who smells real bad, with no ac) and the best method is to be direct. Dropping hints doesn’t work, you can be firm and polite at the same time.

Or just ignore it.

midnighter

Give the person a bar of soap for christmas, they should get the hint.

kirsten

I had this problem with two students. I never expected the students to say anything to either of them. They were SO ripe everyone in the ROOM could smell them so Oneness took care of it… 🙂

One of them had no idea it was offensive as body odor is “supposed to be attractive” to some (we live in tree-hugging Oregon)… Like dogs I guess? This person started wearing deodorant and the problem was resolved.

The other did not care and was dropped repeatedly with strikes to the liver before he had enough and left… Gotta love Bas’ training! I don’t need their tuition enough to put up with that foul nastiness!

Long story short, the instructor needs to address this issue for you. It affects the welfare of the class as a whole and he/she may have a better way of handling it that will not create problems for the other students.

satilan

I remember training with this one guy who came to class sick (recovering from stomach flu to be precise) he farted about 2-3 times before I noticed it was him – I just told him to his face, I said: “what did you eat!?” but I smiled as I said it – so he apologized and either retained the rest or he was actually done farting… I can’t remember.

Just tell them to their face but be casual and friendly -everyone smells every once in a while.

devilnuts

Use it: not everyone who tries to mug you in a dark alleyway is going to be wearing polo sport.

psyops

Yeah,

We had a student who was old school. By that I mean the dude just kept his gym bag in his trunk and washed his “favorite sweatshirt” every 3 or 4 uses. It was rank. I told him to “clean up” and he took that as a sign to drown out the stench of his B.O. with one of those body sprays. You know like Bodz or some crap like that. It was terrible. So I then pulled him aside and reminded him of the dress code, Krav shirts only! That worked. He is no longer training with us and the room smells fresher now.

Incidentally if your a man over the age of 17 you should not be wearing Bodz or whatever crappy body spray that is sold now. Come on now man! Step your game up. I mean damn! Bodz? Lol…

sdkraver

There was a fellow student once who never washed their handwraps, this was years ago and I can remember his bright yellow handwraps like it was yesterday. Man, doing choke defenses with him, not fun!

But, the point that criminals may not bathe is well taken.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: