Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge SoCal Krav training

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jenn

(I apologize in advance if this should be in a different part of the forum and please laugh at me. I can take it, really I can ;): )

I train under James H – and get my butt kicked regularly but Love it. I have the opportunity to go to California, just because, and I want to see how krav is taught under other sickos, er instructors. Where should I go – LA, Sherman Oaks or Orange County? I hope to do a couple of classes, maybe a conditioning class and a beginner or intermediate krav class.

mara-jade

Re: SoCal Krav training

Welcome to the forum!

Your post is just fine, don’t worry. There’s a welcome thread I started a year ago but plenty of folks do their own posts as wellthumbsup

I’m sure the others in the area will jump in, but please feel free to ask any other questions – that’s why the forum is here:wav:

garddawg

If your in the San Diego area your welcome to drop in. Our KM is limited but if your looking for a workout…….

leejam99

If your in LA, stop by Sherman Oaks or WLA. We have most of the TOP Train the Trainer Krav instuctors like Jarret Walman, Sam Sade, Michael M., Kelly Campbell, James Lee… list goes on. OK, maybe not the last one but the others are all true 🙂

jenn

quote leejam99:

If your in LA, stop by Sherman Oaks or WLA. We have most of the TOP Train the Trainer Krav instuctors like Jarret Walman, Sam Sade, Michael M., Kelly Campbell, James Lee… list goes on. OK, maybe not the last one but the others are all true 🙂

Alright, James Lee a top trainer hehe, I’m hoping to do the Level 3 class tomorrow night that you’re scheduled to teach. Or maybe just watch and learn. And then a class after that.

be afraid. be very afraid. lol.
    (I’m kinda giddy with excitement)

leejam99

on thursday night you mean? i have a level 3 at 5:45 so stop by and train!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Denver Jenn:

be afraid. be very afraid. lol.
    (I’m kinda giddy with excitement)

Well Jenn has come and gone
    She took James L3 class, then took my fight class, then took an L2. Shes a machine!!
    I’ll let her tell the rest

jenn

So I knew people who live in SoCall are crazy – they put up with all the other people. But the level of craziness in the center is AWESOME!!!

The traffic getting from LAX to Sherman Oaks put me in a bad mood so I was ready to beat up whatever was in front of me.

James – what an excellent class. I don’t care what anyone else says you ARE a good instructor. 😉

Sean – ummm, if I can move my arms tomorrow I’d be up for the 2 on 1 drill. NOT!!! That part of class is intense. And I am honored I got to see the flying monkey kick. Hehe.

Mike and Mario – WOW. My hips and legs will not be the same. Gotta have a class with Kelly to see that woman kick.

Riverwhatever, sorry – thanks for letting me do a bit of the groundwork in 3/4.

I must say a HUGE GINORMOUS thank you to everyone at the Sherman Oaks KM center. I felt very welcome – if slightly sane compared to y’all. Please Please Please don’t share the sickness with Shannon or James – the pushups with one hand on the ball, the myriad of situps with punches, I don’t have any blood to my head right now or I’d remember more.

The best part? Getting in the rented Mustang, putting the top down and driving back to my hotel and STILL be soaked with sweat.

My addiction is intact, if not my body.

Thank you. I WILL be back.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Flying monkeys? Weren’t those in Wizard of Oz?

Well Jenn your certainly not in Kansas anymore.

In all seriousness I’m glad you enjoyed your experience here on the west coast James and Shannon have done a great job as your instructors.

I’m sure James, Mario, Christian (La Revencha) and Mike Burton will echo my sentiments when I say your welcome here anytime.

PS: Stafford when you read this you’ll be pleased to know that she walked up to me unannounced and the first thing out of her mouth (with a shocked look on her face) was “YOU’RE AN EVIL MAN” followed by “Are you teaching tonight!!!”

jenn

Thank god I’m not in Kansas – that’s too flat.

I forgot to add my thanks to Marty, Eduardo and the fight class lady – y’all did an exceptional job of kicking my arse. And to the instructors for pointing out my serious flaw of being flat footed. It’s nice to know I’m not perfect. hehe.

And Sean – I WANT your music. And you are evil.

On a serious note – I was very nervous about back in this part of California because of some ugliness and for training with different people. Y’all treated me with (unearned) respect and I appreciate it.

Y’all come to Colorado and learn to train in the non-air oxygen.

Edit: I haven’t hurt like this in a year. I can’t move my arms or stomach.

saruotoko

quote Denver Jenn:

So I knew people who live in SoCall are crazy – they put up with all the other people. But the level of craziness in the center is AWESOME!!!

The traffic getting from LAX to Sherman Oaks put me in a bad mood so I was ready to beat up whatever was in front of me.

James – what an excellent class. I don’t care what anyone else says you ARE a good instructor. 😉

Sean – ummm, if I can move my arms tomorrow I’d be up for the 2 on 1 drill. NOT!!! That part of class is intense. And I am honored I got to see the flying monkey kick. Hehe.

Mike and Mario – WOW. My hips and legs will not be the same. Gotta have a class with Kelly to see that woman kick.

Riverwhatever, sorry – thanks for letting me do a bit of the groundwork in 3/4.

I must say a HUGE GINORMOUS thank you to everyone at the Sherman Oaks KM center. I felt very welcome – if slightly sane compared to y’all. Please Please Please don’t share the sickness with Shannon or James – the pushups with one hand on the ball, the myriad of situps with punches, I don’t have any blood to my head right now or I’d remember more.

The best part? Getting in the rented Mustang, putting the top down and driving back to my hotel and STILL be soaked with sweat.

My addiction is intact, if not my body.

Thank you. I WILL be back.

Wait a sec, Jenn…..you thought you were SANE…compared to us? Next time you come to the S.O. location, we can beat that out of you. 😉

We’re good like that!

It was fun kicking you around last night. Stop on by anytime you’re in SoCal!

Mario

ericajow

NIIIICE!!! 🙂

I’m glad you had a great time, Jenn!!! Come back anytime! Try out the Monday 8:45 or Saturday 11:30 bag classes – I hear they’re amaaaaazing. 😉

leejam99

good job!

saruotoko

Hey Jenn….you finally recovered from that multi-hour beating we gave you last month? 🙂

Mario

jenn

quote saruotoko:

Hey Jenn….you finally recovered from that multi-hour beating we gave you last month? 🙂

Mario

Multi-hour beating?!? it was more like a massage. LOLOL. Yeh, I’ve recovered. The next AM was tough – I took a MUCH later flight so I could move w/o much pain. Y’all need to come to Colorado and train :D: Winter Camp is sooooooooon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: