Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Some Krav Maga concepts are hard to explain…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stevetuna

For example, I sparred with my advanced km-X kids yesterday. I’m trying to get them to kick to the groin more than they do, so I set a number of push-ups due and told them that we’d reduce the number by one for each kick that they landed. The last kid tried and tried, but he kept looking down before he kicked so I blocked each one (as I told them all I’d do if they looked down!).

With about ten seconds left in the round, this little guy was pissed off! He changed levels and punched me right in the bad spot with a right hand! Perfect! I declared that this one move was worth 18 points so no push-ups were due.

Not a lot of people get how it’s exciting when someone punches you in the junk…

mara-jade

Re: Some Krav Maga concepts are hard to explain…

Oh, that’s like me in class a few days ago. One of our instructors worked with me on our punch drills. I wasn’t punching as hard as I should’ve and Roger would smack on either side with the focus pads. Well, I got pissed and finally started landing them more aggressively. He was cool with it through I’m working on NOT dropping my hands when I get tired.

Nah, Steve – what you said ain’t that hard to explain:rolleyes:

kravmdmatt

Use the stick and carrot method. Instead of punishing them with push ups for not succeeding, tell them YOU will do X number of push ups for every time they kick you. (Kids love that since it’s always the instructor giving them push ups)

Do drills that isolate that single technique you want them to do for a while so they get comfortable doing it. Then you can build them up to more complex drills to the point it just becomes natural.

stevetuna

Sounds good! I’ll put that on the table next time, Matt!

greenbeanie

quote KravMdMatt:

…tell them YOU will do X number of push ups for every time they kick you. (Kids love that since it’s always the instructor giving them push ups)

Hey… What about equal opportunity? As an adult, I’d love to see my instructors give me some push-ups too. :):

stevetuna

Leading from the front requires that I join in the push-up fun each and every time! That also allows me to count them out and hold the last (always one extra) push-up so that we can honor our troops who keep us safe and free (tradition at our classes).

greenbeanie

quote stevetuna:

…the last (always one extra) push-up so that we can honor our troops who keep us safe and free (tradition at our classes).

Nice gesture. thumbsup

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: