Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Somewhat new in L.A.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    uncleruckus

After training since Aprilish I finally stumbled across the forum. It’s been a lot of fun so far and I’m looking forward to testing at the end of the month.

I was born & raised in LA, Loyola High School (02) and USC (06) & I have a little bit of prior M/A experience. I did 3 years of Tae Kwon Do in the late 90s and about 1/2 a semester of Dux Ryu Ninjitsu while at USC. They all have their pros and cons, but I am definitely enjoying the practicality and simplicity of Krav. Sometimes I miss the militant-style discipline a little, but I think more laid back nature of KM makes for a better learning environment IMO.

mara-jade

Re: Somewhat new in L.A.

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free look around, ask questions – lots of great info around here. Glad to read you’re enjoying your training:wav:

I have to say though, I hardly find KM laid back:D:

uncleruckus

Re: Somewhat new in L.A.

Thanks!

Ok, maybe “laid back” isn’t the best term for it. Swap “more laid back” with “less militant.” That might be better. No katas, no ready-positions. But I guess to avoid any confusion, especially with my instructors =), I have yet to have a class I could describe as “easy.” My girlfriend teases me because apparently I’ve said “oh man that was one of the toughest yet” after quite a few classes 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: