Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Sparring Gear – What do I need?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ds314

I need to purchase some sparring gear (headgear, shin guards, etc). There are many different brands out there. What should I purchase and where online. I would like what I purchase to be universal where I can use for Krave, MMA, Muay Thai, etc.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Sparring Gear – What do I need?

Century is pretty decent and not too costly.

sundance

Ringside and Fairtex. I got my 16 oz. sparring gloves, headgear, groin protector, and rib protector from Ringside.com. I got my shin/instep guards and bag gloves from Fairtex.com

michaelmall

Martial arts mart

ds314

Thanks. I’ll check these places out.

Dave

brewerm

Are the tapout shinguards any good?

cbdesign

Take a look at my Martial Arts Equipment Knol. It talks about sparring gear, and gear in general.

Direct link: http://knol.google.com/k/richard-bailey/martial-arts-equipment/bdeyg05av999/7#

If anyone has any other info to contribute, please let me know.

Hope this helps,

Richard Bailey

destrangis

Fairtex makes good stuff.

ds314

I’ve been searching the sites mention looking for headgear and shin guards. I have a few questions. I notice that some shin guards have padding wrapped in cloth and then other shin guards are plastic. Which are better or does it matter. It looks like the cloth shin guards would fit better without slipping as much but look harder to put on and take off. The plastic ones look bulkier but guessing that they are more protective.

The same thing with headgear. Some come in leather, some are foam plastic. Some have facemasks. What do I really need for protection. What price should I expect to pay.

Thanks-Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: