Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Sparring Headgear: Human Weapon – Krav Episode

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    a2sports

Does anybody know what brand the headgear was that they were using in the final fight on the Krav Episode – it was full headgear with facemask. I am really interested in getting one for my sparring class but can’t find anything like it doing google searches.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

leejam99

Look up RevGear. They have headgear with a metal face cage and the one with the nose guard. I bought the one with the metal face cage. I found that the cage was really really heavy so i took it off. Really good thing about this face cage is that even without the metal cage, the cheek area and the rest of the head gear is really really thick and padded so most puches won’t get through.

lawtxkrav

Check out Title boxing as well.

http://www.titleboxing.com/

They have a good selection of full face headgear.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I would suggest trying on a few different styles first. Iíve found that some have significantly impaired peripheral vision.

stevetuna

I’ve had to start wearing the cage headgear due to an eye injury. I bought mine from Combat Sports. It’s different and I’m still trying to get used to it, but it does the job.

a2sports

I found the headgear at http://www.immortalusa.com . It is perfect for my needs. I still take too many headshots, but my nose is protected. 😆 It allows me to work on head moving techniques without the fear of another boken nose.

Downside, everybody loves to hit me!!! I am used for demostration purposes alot. If that doesn’t bother you then it is great. 😆

rp

clfmak

I just got a kendo mask for weapon work yesterday. Its a lot harder to take on and off than a fencing mask.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Speaking of which.. hey MAK what are your thoughts on hockey gloves for knife/stick work. I read the rules on the cold steel sparring and it said hockey gloves, Iíve never used them before but they seem really awkward?

I wear Harbenger (sp?) gloves now and they seem to work really well.

clfmak

I think hockey gloves are great for stickwork, and its fairly common hand protection in FMA. I think the Dog Brothers used to use hockey gloves, but they’ve since moved to lighter gloves. I wear kempo gloves, because they protect the thumb (unlike harbingers) and you can punch with the off hand. I imagine a hockey glove would be better with steel trainers than kempo gloves, but I don’t spar with metal training knives.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I know this is way off topic from the OP but who do you do knife and stick with. I’m from Cacoy Doce Pares

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: