Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Spazz! Control Thyself!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: Spazz! Control Thyself!

If you don’r want to look at yourself in the mirror while shadowboxing (feeling silly), you can also simply move around the room, make sure your posture is right, try to move, then punch, bob and weave and punch etc. You would think it’s easy, but if you don’t train on it, you may end up tripping over your own feet trying to step and punch, which makes you less mobile once you are actually sparring.

kravmdjeff

Try actually imagining an attacker who is your size, and you’re striking that person in combination, then switching direction and dealing with another attacker.

quote Giant Killer:

…you may end up tripping over your own feet trying to step and punch…

Or… You could be like me and trip over yourself when you’re warming up.

giant-killer

Yes, imagine the attacker and how he punches/kicks, then defend and move the way you think you would in a real fight. Then imagine his possible reaction to your movement and react to that etc. Like slow fighting with an imaginary attacker.

psyops

LOL…

What about “DOJO Guy” you know the one I am talking about. He comes in with headband and insists on calling every instructor sensei or sifu. He bores you to death with tails of his great martial arts accomplishments. He takes the David Carradine stance from the final fight scene in Lone Wolf McQuaid. He always has a bag full of ancient gear. I mean jump ropes that have not been used in at least 15 years. The old black belt he earned from some allegedly world famous instructor that no one has ever heard of. He insists on wearing his Gi top as a regular shirt or “light jacket”.

Then to make matters worst he wants to start correcting other students on their technique when he himself is absolutely god awful. lol… These guys are the funniest.

quote Psyops:

What about “DOJO Guy” you know the one I am talking about.

Does he later go home to work on his RKD skills?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=169316408867509262&q=rex+kwan+do&total=48&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

“…and the wisdom of a man.”

It never gets old…

kravkingdom

Oh Geez. So we aren’t the only place with a DoJo Guy?!? Don’t forget, they think they have the best advice for EVERYONE in the place and they have some comment about every single martial art out there. I try to steer clear from those guys…LOL

As for the spazzes, if there are students that continuously give me bloody noses or bruised shins, I tell them I’d prefer not to work with them until I’ve healed from their last “mistake”. I understand completely that fights on the street aren’t pretty and that minor injuries in training are way more advantageous than major injuries in battle, but my technique (and learning process) sorta goes out the window when I have to keep changing the kleenex up my nose….

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: