Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    garddawg

CrossFits first definition of fitness includes the following:
    If your goal is optimum physical competence then all the general physical skills must be considered:
    1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
    2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
    3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
    4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
    5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
    6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
    7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
    8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
    9. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
    10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
    So I would say at Brand X, a lot of our specialized training is taken care of under our general physical preparation umbrella. Besides it only takes 20-30 minute which leaves me a whole lot more time to practice Krav Maga!

anonymous

Hey CLFMak!

What about Chinese characters? 😆

clfmak

If you know chinese characters, go ahead. But you’ll be there all day. And you need to make sure that you start at the right sides and make the lines in the right directions like in Chinese calligraphy. Try circuits- English, Russian, Hebrew, Sanskrit…
    Korean would be quite a challenge because of all the little circles.

anonymous

I think I’ll try hieroglyphs. 😉

reverend-sin

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

Try the russian alphabet when you get good enough 😉

lol since I’m already learning Russian that should be good for my language lessons as well as my fighting skills. Thanks a lot guys.

anonymous

Languages and Krav Maga, huh? It’s like I got a twin!! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: