Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sunstar

Newbie question alert!

I have a question regarding my hands and arms. I have seen open hands stance where the palm is facing towards the opponent and I have seen closed fists as well. For me, I notice that I am able to keep my elbows in tighter if I turn my palms so that they are facing each other in front of my chin. I would appreciate any advice on this as to what is better.

Thanks.:chair:

geary

Re: Stance question

Having your hands fisted or open facing eachother is prefered for new level Krav Maga practitioners. This is considering you should be striking with your pointer finger knuckle in line over top of the rest of the fingers. Like the picture in my avatar, this is how your hand should look when striking if you are a beginner. Am I making any sense?

Holding your hands the way YOU like to is eliminating the need to turn your hand over when throwing a strike. I might need some more sleep before I try and answer any more questions…..

LOL Sorry

sunstar

Okay, that does make sense. Thanks.

kirsten

I always suggest hands open… Reason being that first off it has an appearance of “cooperation” like “hey buddy, I don’t want any problems”. Secondly you are IMO able to make a redirect more easily as the hand is open. Lastly but not least, your hand is more relaxed and you are there by more relaxed. A clenched fist gets tired quickly…

Good question!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: