Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leam

The local Y has some space/time available and a Krav class would be a benefit to the community. However, not being an instructor, I’m not about to go put myself forward as qualified to “teach” Krav.

However, a couple of us have talked about forming a club where we do the work outs and learn together. Two of us thinking through this are black belts in other martial arts so the learning concepts are there. The expectation is that we’d work on basic Krav stuff and fitness.

The ideal? Maybe that the Y club could provide a basis for growth in the members and some of us could find ways to get feedback from real Krav instructors. Maybe it could lead to classes for LEO/MIL (we have both here).

Thoughts or suggestions on things to consider?

Leam

kravmdjeff

Re: Starting a club?

Leam…

A few suggestions…

1) Try to go to as many seminars as you can. even if it’s not formalized, I know a lot of the school owners would love to have you train for a few days and soak up with you can.

2) Look into doing Phase training. This WOULD certify you as an instructor if you completed it successfully and passed.

3) Possibly consider pooling resources to have an instructor from a nearby school come and do a seminar. There are several great schools in Atlanta.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: