Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Startng gym training tomorrow what will aid my krav training

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    leo-romero

Hi all I’m new to the forum so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place, I’ve been doing Krav Maga for only 7 weeks and from the first training session I was hooked the past few weeks have been a massive change in my lifestyle I am more positive I’m eating healthy me and my mrs and daughter get along better I’ve stoped drinking ( and being a full time Dj and singer that’s a hard thing in itself ) and now tomorrow I’m joining a gym to aid in my training so please can enyone help with what gym type things ie weights ect will aid my krav training also I’m doing it to tone up and hopefully get a good body but I understand Rome wasn’t built in a day , thank you all of your help :0)

mara-jade

Re: Startng gym training tomorrow what will aid my krav training

Welcome to the forum,

A few things off the top of my head – depends if your gym has this

Ketttlebell, Crossfit, Kickboxing.

Hope this helps and congrats and getting healthier!:D:

Military Athlete is also a good training program!

leo-romero

Cheers guys I think the gym has everything but I’m sure I will find out in 9 hours or so , I’m also a rescue diver so stamina wise and breathing I’m ok I can swill half the lenth of a footy field underwater on one breath so I thought I was fit ish and krav proved me wrong within 40 mins of my first lesson lol kettle bells I’ve been told by my instructor and I need to work on core fitness any idea best exorcize for that ?

garddawg

Learn to deadlift, back squat, and power clean correctly. Do those three exercises every week. When you have a mechanically sound double bodyweight deadlift, and 1.5 times bodyweight squat your “core” will be strong. The power cleans will teach you to generate power from the hips, which is generally useful in almost every athletic endeavor. Throw in CrossFit for metabolic conditioning and you should be good to go.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

garddawg! bow1

Been away tooooo long buddy.

leo-romero

well gyming it now all good gym, has kettle bells loads of stuff ufc cage bags ground n pound 90k dummys so alls good thanks for your input all =0)

don

If you’re gonna train with CJ’s Dad, I would recommend practicing picking yourself up off the ground and crying – over and over… :D:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote don:

if You’re Gonna Train With Cj’s Dad, I Would Recommend Practicing Picking Yourself Up Off The Ground And Crying – Over And Over… :d:

Lol

kevinmack

jumping jacks

lions2011

Increasing your sleep by 1-2 hours a nite will help a lot!!!!!

garddawg

CJ’s Dad,
    Still check in, usually stick to my strengths, so to speak, when commenting.

darian

The energy purifies will educate you to produce energy from the waist, which is usually useful in almost every fitness project. Toss in CrossFit for metabolic training and you should be excellent to go.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: