Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    megachang

Hello,

I have a bit of a delimma. I do not want to buy a standup wavemaster type bag (yet) but have a finished basement (where it is impossible to hang a bag). I was thinking of strapping a striking pad to one of the support poles in my basement. Anyone try doing this?

topitbull

A wavemaster would be a good investment.

However in my ghetto days I found sofa cushions that people were throwing to the curb for garbage.

I then bent them around my support beam and duct taped them tightly.

Its not ideal but it works. I f you do it right you can make it so it slides up and down the beam or post.

Support it from the ceiling with some rope of different lengths to keep it from sliding down.

kmsf

I must still be living in my \”Ghetto Days\” since I have had to be inventive over the years and make do. I bought a fill your own hanging bag 100 pounds (it said) and was passing a recycle place one night and saw a guy had left a futon matress- so I got it and later pulled all the stuffing out and filled the bag with that and a couple of garbage bags with some sand in them at intervals in the bag top-middle-and bottom. But the chains weren’t very strong and it didn’t hold long so I got another better fill your own and it was bigger 200 pounds max so wondering what I was going to fill it with I just stuck the other bag inside and filled the rest with more stuffing and old shirts/rags and that bag lasted much longer and the chains just ripped this year as I was taking it down (my fault for letting it drop full weight against the chain so they ripped lose from the bag.) I have it hanging outside most of the year. Right next to my weight bench and metal weights and other misc. workout items. I’m usually out there in the rain/snow/or sun lifting weights every other day- kind of a diehard. Why pay gym fees huh? I’ll tell you why- cause it’s COLD outside!!

anonymous

Also think about checking out the BOB bag. It’s like a wavemaster, but it has a dummy shaped exactly like a person attached to it. It’s great for working on precision strikes to the eyes, chin, liver etc. It doesn’t have arms or legs though, although they make one with hip and partial thighs I think. You can also get kicking shields and attach them to the lower part of the base for kicks. It’s also heavier than the regular wavemaster and doesn’t bounce as much.

wim

KMSF,

That must be the \”prison workout\” that you’re doing. 😀

ryan

Wim, will we see you this weekend at KMDC for the seminar?

wim

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to come. My son’s birthday party ended up falling on that day… plus I royaly screwed my knee up the other day. I don’t suppose you guys have anything else coming up, do you?

ryan

Wim, sorry about your knee (and happy birthday to your son!)

Check out the events page of our site to see what we have scheduled: http://www.rhek.com. Take care!

wyatt9696

i’ve got one of the new \”Bob\” XL. this version has the lower torso as well as the original head and upper torso. great tool all around. i use it to practice everything from punchs and kicks, and everything in between. great investment in my opinion. good luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: