Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Summer Camp ’05 Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hey Leftie!

Maybe if we all stick together and hold out a bit, we’ll get them to lower the price… 😆

Last year they mentioned hotel discounts in the flyer, but not this year, so I don’t know… Hotels in LA can be pretty expensive, even simple ones (motels) can charge around 60$ a night.

Are you close enough to drive? Or maybe take a bus or the train, that might be cheaper.

If you can’t afford the real summer camp, how about making your own for less money? I know they have some suit training seminars on certain weekends. They are about three or four hours long and taught at the NTC. They cost 99$. So, if you went there on a day one of those seminars was held, you could take the seminar for 99$ and then take advantage of John’s offer and train for free at the NTC for a few days. John teaches several classes on Mondays, including a fighting class. There are also regular classes on the weekend. Jarret (he’s been doing Krav Maga for about twenty years) teaches Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

That wouldn’t be at the beach, but you might still get to train with the same instructors that would be teaching the summer camp and only miss the firearms training and, yes, the party. 😥

You could go to the beach on your own and then, while you’re at it, take a plunge into the cold ocean. 8) Then warm back up by doing Krav defenses on your own or so and maybe, if you’re lucky (?) you might even get attacked.:(

Could be fun and less expensive, just an idea, think about it…..

leftie79

Giant,

I highly doubt they will lower the price, but that was a nice try anyway! Thankyou for the great tips, and again about the party…I wouldn’t be going to the camp just for the party.

Driving would be very long for me, so flying would be better. I guess I could plan on going to L.A for the weekend and taking a seminar class or take advantage of the free training from the training center. No beach training either, which would be a bummer. I will see how everything goes, maybe I will win the lottery and then I could make it down there. (Wishful thinking on my part though!)

johnwhitman

Hi!
    I believe there is a summer camp discount at the hotel. For food on the shooting day: in past years we’ve provided lunch. You can call or email the contact info on the flier to double check.

anonymous

Hey Leftie!

I was just messing with you about the party. I know you’d really want to come for the training. 😉

If you’d want to come for just a seminar at the NTC, maybe check on the website to see if they list the dates for them there. Or if they don’t I could check for you at the center…. They also have gun seminars or knife seminars sometimes (they cost less than that suit training). Might still be fun and you wouldn’t have to blow your life savings on three days of training…. 😆

ffdo

Will LEOs be allowed to use our duty weapons for the fire arm training or will every one be using the loaner firarms?

JC

leftie79

Thanks again Giant

leftie79

There are two weeks left before summer camp begins? Anyone here going?

johnwhitman

Actually, summer camp is almost full! We have over 30 and we usually try to hold it at around 40.

Regarding firearms…it’s a good question. There’s no prohibition against it, as far as I know. The only issue is that the price includes gun rental and ammo, and you’d have to see if there’s a way for them to break the cost out. Try contacting us at 800-KRAV-MAGA and we’ll figure it out!

anonymous

Who will be teaching at the Summer Camp?

johnwhitman

Darren and I will teach Friday.
    Scott Reitz and his crew on Saturday for shooting.
    Sunday will be run by several of our KM instructors but will feature the suit training. Beach training will be KM (less emphasis on conditioning) and I think it’s Michael.

lambsmarch

Well, my order is ‘awaiting payment’ but other than that, I’ll be going.

I second the previous poster who asked about lodgings. I will be bussing in and won’t have a car. What I remember of 20 years of Los Angeles is that the Mass Transit sucks.

So, a little HELP PLEASE! 😕

anonymous

I think they have transportation to and from the events, so you would just need to get from the bus station to the hotel. We got a Metro now, don’t know if that helps. Or you could get a cab.

Hey John,

What d’ya say, after we get the summer camp out of the way, maybe we can make that day at the shooting range happen?

And if it’s a really nice, bright, sunny day, we could bring your car and the paint gun…. 😀

lambsmarch

<<<so you would just need to get from the bus station to the hotel.>>>

I’ll rephrase my question, the same one the former poster asked: I need help WITH lodgings, I’m coming from out of state so I don’t know the area. And I have to leave next Wednesday morning, so I should think about having a room booked sometime this weekend.

chguise

Lamb,

Resident Inn in Beverly Hills. Tell them you’re there for Krav Maga, they sometimes give a discount. It’s about a $100 a night and usually you’ll find other KM people to catch a ride with.

-chris

chguise
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: